Skip navigation

TJM 822Y .. helious blue....

Back to the top

TJM 822Y .. helious blue....

just had it delivered, plenty of work to do but looks like a good starting point…..seem to recognise the reg plate ??

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
:)  lol,    good old gti's….just found a thong in the glove-box…obviously the previous owner has fond memories…… :wink:

Back to the top
Nice……….love the helios blue ones, im hopefuly picking my helios blue one up next week. Be interesting to see how we both go on with them!!

Im hoping for the full suspender and bra set up in my glove box!!  :D

Back to the top
:)  lol , makes you wonder how many of the population were concieved in a mk1 ??????
 what condition is your mk1 ? any plans for it ?

Back to the top
Not sure yet………bought it on ebay so not "seen it"……… :oops:

The guys spent ?500 having the arches and sill welded up just needs boot floor patching up and passenger door sorting where its rotten on bottom corner.

Sunroof channels are good which im relieved about.

Its a non runner due to crap in the tank so gotta sort that 1st….

Some pics of it in my recent posts if you wanna see any pics

Back to the top
Doesn't look in to bad condition although you can't really tell until you start work on it in earnest.

Marc

Back to the top
What kind of wheels are those?

Back to the top
why cant i get one, been looking for months now

Back to the top
yep i remember seeing your thread now jody.
helious…. keep looking , they are out there somewhere…..
mkeeley…it looks to be ok in most of the usual bad areas ,but it has had some mot style welding in the rear arch which i would prefer to get sorted correctly.has been a good car at time…
roadboss…. it has RH in the centre, think they will look good polished up, bit of a dish on them..

Back to the top
nice one jim  :wink:
is the thong helios blue?  :lol:
Bert

Thats not a rod knockin,its a diesel stupid! floppy top and 1 tin top

Back to the top
:mrgreen:   no it's a lacy white…..

Back to the top

RoadBoss said

What kind of wheels are those?
there very nice wheels they look a bit like mine,ive been told that mine are off a corrado,very nice car mate look forward to seeing you do it up :wink:
this pic is before i started work on my mk1, i dont drive it like this :lol:

Back to the top
LOL  yours has got that rare green tinted paint aswell……
 yep plan is to retore it slowly as funds will allow…

Back to the top
made a start……..  

astraman came round and sorted some welding out in the rear arch for me, he also fixed my drivers door hinge,  door now opens and shuts perfectly thankyou paul.
     i removed the front drivers wing to get access to the hinge , pleased to find that all is solid and wax oil has done it's job.

removed front bumper, front panel has a few rust scabs but these are only surface, front panel nice and solid..   

with the wing removed it became obvious why the car sat at a slope, the front spring has snapped but had already planned for a set of suspension .
 so far looking good, no nasty suprises as yet . will get a few pics up as soon as web problem is sorted out…

Back to the top
Looks like a good little project! I like those wheels are they 15"s? Let me know if you fancy selling them.  8)

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
hurry up and pull yer finger out!!! Youve had it ages now!!! Seriously if you need a hand with owt give us a tinkle, promise not to hit your hedge again!  :lol:

Back to the top
yep wheels are 15's and there are a full set of 5.   maybe tempted to sell for a good offer ……
 ross it started first time but there is no exhaust or manifold on it so didn't run it for long , don't want to upset the nieghbours.  just a bit short of time n cash at moment but getting there slowly, could do with a fuel pump picking up and i want to replace the fuel lines as they are doing a good inpression of a cadbury's flake . but yep hedge is getting ready for trimming so pop round for a cuppa anytime after 4pm..

Back to the top
got a load of copper pipe knocking around - think its the right diameter for fuel pipe, not sure how much there is but your welcome to it if you want it, and can give Nobes a tinkle to get hold of one of their pumps for you if you want.

Ross

Back to the top
yep i wil have a try with the copper pipe and deffo want a fuel pump cheers, are you out this weekend  ? not been out for 4 weeks , two pint wonder coming up…

Back to the top
lol tell me about it! forgotten what beer tastes like!!  As for being out at night, probably not as I have Syd over the weekends, but prob be up for one or two in a beer garden during the daytime or in the week next week if your about
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.