Skip navigation

My 1983 white MK1 Golf GTi project

Back to the top

My 1983 white MK1 Golf GTi project

Hi everyone!  Iv been looking on here for a while and only just got myself a project.  I will post up photos as i go along if anyone is interested.  Im sorry if some people dont agree with some of the modifications i do as i go along instead of keeping the car as original. It wont be too far from the original though i promise.  Thanks for looking.

This is how i have bought it (last week)

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
looks like you have your work cut out

i have the bug for the vdub

Back to the top
not sure if it just me but there seems to be couple of bits missing  :dontknow:

lol whats the plans for it?

you dont want to see me angry im like noddy with a headache.

Back to the top
I have had it for 2 weeks now and its stripped to a bare shell on castors bolted to the floor to move it around.

Alot of new parts are in a unit ready to be fitted including bumpers, Weitec coilovers etc. I would love some BBS RS001's but may have to keep my eye out for a bargain set! Not sure on the colour yet, but VW Candy white is my original choice.

Can anyone give me any ideas of what colour is the 'in colour' at the moment?

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
This is the engine bay before i removed it. Not very pretty! Will be one day though.

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Latest update and photos. Car has now gone to the bodyshop for some welding and painting etc.

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Any suggestions on what specification i should go for anyone?  I want it to look retro, but different if you know what i mean?!  :D

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Nice work mate. Didnt hang round with getting it ready for paint. Well done.

Mk1 Golf Gti Abf conversion Project
Mk2 Golf Gti 16v
Mini Cooper S R53 (Daily)

Back to the top
Thanks mate!  Would love to get your BBS's but im not sure if they are too wide for what i want to do. My idea is to go very low with 15's really. Just love your wheels though!

I have decided to go with VW Candy white and i hope it is the right decision? Any help anyone? Its not too late yet!   :D

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
I found this image off google, I think  :dontknow:  But i absolutly love it in white with bbs

Back to the top

Back to the top

slavic said

Thanks mate!  Would love to get your BBS's but im not sure if they are too wide for what i want to do. My idea is to go very low with 15's really. Just love your wheels though!

I have decided to go with VW Candy white and i hope it is the right decision? Any help anyone? Its not too late yet!   :D

I do like the white and thinking to spray mine white when it finialy comes to it and i got enough money. lol. But i like gettint attentions so want a origonal vw colour and attention seeking. lol. And one i like. But white mk1s are veryyyyy nice!

Buy my wheels now. lol

Mk2 Golf Gti 16v

Back to the top

I did mine in Audi Ibis White.

Back to the top
Think white is the way to go.  I have found some wheels that are a hell of alot cheaper than BBS's and they look very nice i think.

They are Lenso BSX 16" as far as i know.  I can get a good deal on these and ill fit 195/40 x 16 tyres.

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Oh dear fake splits.

Real splits FTW lol

Mk2 Golf Gti 16v

Back to the top

lukeybabes said

Oh dear fake splits.

Real splits FTW lol

I wish i could afford yours! Would love a set of BBS's!   Will they be too wide though?

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Update with some photos of some new and restored parts ready to be fitted back on soon. Lots of hours of work, but it will all be worth it one day!  :D

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
Has anyone got any photos of white MK1's with different wheels so i can make a decision?  Also if anyone is selling any wheels? Thanks. :D

Golf Mk1 project
BMW 325i Touring

Back to the top
For photos have a look at DemonVW

James

Click for Berkshire Mk1's>>> Facebook
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.