Skip navigation

1979 1.5 auto to 1.9PD

Back to the top

1979 1.5 auto to 1.9PD

With 2 weeks looming till gti inters 2012 crazyquiffs needed something to put on the display so the decision was made to turn a 5 door 1979 1.5 auto that rich had painted some years back into something with a bit more grunt. main mechanic neil had been using his mk4 remapped pd115 for a few years without fault and was on the look out for a new car so it make the ideal test bed for the conversion

within the next few days the engine was mounted with new cambelt, water pump and fabricated engine mount joined to a bora 5 speed tdi gearbox with 02j conversion mounts

keeping it factory looking the engine cover was modded to fit and clear the bonnet

so with the boost pipes and exhaust made it was just down to the wiring…

after the loom was spliced into mk1 fuse box and the immobiliser was written out of the ecu the key was turned and….

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sNsSmi5aSmc&feature=results_main

8)

with the engine in and done it was down to getting the rest of the car back together

small satin black bumpers, refurbed scala snowflake wheels with colour coded backs and diamond cut faces were fitted, fk coilovers arches rolled and the standard 'timewarp' interior put back together it was almost time to go

with a few teething problems ironed out off to inters it went

with 145ish bhp and 255ish lbft it a mk1 shell.. Yeah it goes well  :wink:

:D

me: www.facebook.com/mkoneman
work: www.facebook.com/obdworks
club: www.facebook.com/dubcluboxford
instagram: mkoneman

Back to the top
Nice, really nice.

Have you got any info on the wiring for this?

Did you de-immo it?

Back to the top
low car+alloy sump=

nice new steel bottom upgrade fitted now  :D

Back to the top
gave the PD a quick clean up the other night ready for a bit of promo at a local motorshow

then at the motor show i met up with a friend of mine in his series one  8)

Back to the top
Saw this at inters and the agm great looking car and a diesel!.... was there a problem with it boiling at the agm? seem to remember some brown looking water under it
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.