Skip navigation

New clutch needed 190 or 200mm

Back to the top
Evening all

Now the weather is getting better i've been using the car and my clutch has started to slip when accelerating hard and going up hills, so i've just looked on ECP but they list 2 types 190mm & 200mm.
Does anyone know which i may need? the car is a cabriolet 1986 1.6GL 5 speed if this helps.
are there any seals to replace while its open?

thanks

Darius

Back to the top
https://www.vwheritage.com/055198141a-190mm-clutch-kit-vw-spare

so i may have found the answer myself at VWH

Back to the top
i would make sure first as flywheel could of been changed to 210mm, check how many bolts are holding the flywheel on as some have 6 and 210mm has 9, should be able to see through the timing hole  

Back to the top

sporttrucker said

i would make sure first as flywheel could of been changed to 210mm, check how many bolts are holding the flywheel on as some have 6 and 210mm has 9, should be able to see through the timing hole  

Thanks very much.

Back to the top
in fact the 210mm is listed for Mk1 Golf Cabriolet from chassis 15-E-002 555 > 15-N-040 000

Back to the top
i'll go and check it now then. thanks again.

Back to the top
can't quite see down the hole.
chassis number is WVWZZZ15ZHK032621

Back to the top
The biggy issue is that since these critters are aged, and Previous owners have been known to do mods and changes that aren't factory, the only way to be sure is either get a full Flywheel, and Clutch PP plate and disk of the same size.  OR, remove the tranny and take measurements.

I know first hand from ordering that to which I thought my car was, only to find out that (POS) went cheap and put a 190 on vrs the 200mm that should of been there.

Or you can get both sizes and then send back the ones that don't quite fit…

When doing the Clutch on a 5spd, I would recommend that you get the Cap for the rear as well as a new TO bearing and Finger.  There is nothing better than buying a new clutch only to find a crack in the TO finger….
After the fact.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Thanks, I think i'll remove the box and then order what I need when I know for sure.
I have a new problem I'm about to post!
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.