Skip navigation

mk1 caddy pickup 1987

Back to the top

fuel gauge not working

hi all
don't even no if I'm even writing this in the right place lol
can any one help me with my fuel gauge not working. plz:)I have checked the sender using a bulb and that's fine and probed the clock and ty are working fine. it seems like iv lost a ignition live or something some where
 thx bob
:)

Back to the top
its a 1.8 petrol the wire colours that run to the tank are a purple/black from the fuse box and a brown that is earthed to the body behind the fuse box

Back to the top
welcome to the forum, I can't help with your problem but I am sure someone will have had this before and can give you some help. Just moved this to the Electrics section as you should get a better response.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
ty Richard I aint got a clue how to work this site lol

Back to the top
You can remove the fascia and then lower the instrument pod.

Once lowered you can use a 9V battery to test the Gauge itself, apply the battery to the posts on the back, if the needle doesn't work one way reverse it.

The gauge should full scale deflect but leave the battery connected for about 2 minutes to verify that you don't have cold solder joints.

Then see https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=fuel-systems-and_3%2Ffuel-gauge-stopped  where I replied to you.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.