Skip navigation

1987 Cabrio GTI (Quartet) Stock Visuals

Back to the top
Hi all,

Could the ones owning a 1987 Cabrio GTI (Quartet series) share a few photos please?

I'm going to start a project and I need some non-modified, pure stock visuals.

I am desperately needing front views as this view is not on brochures but any other incl. interior photos would also be great. Rear and boot interior photos are gold :)

By the way my car is NOT with the body kit (which some like to call them clipper body kit).

Cheers.

Back to the top
IIRC the clipper kit started in 88.

try www.cabby-info.com  she has a lot of pictures there.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

I tried her website, although very helpful the pics are not helping in this case.

Back to the top

Yep face lift model cam out in 88.
What is it you need to know precisely?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

The problem with the Quartet was that there were so many variations as you could have different colour interiors, hoods, carpets etc.
So it’s down to the customer when ordering to decide what combination they had for the car.

Back to the top

Well, I'm not worried about colour. The one I'll be working on is an alpine white outside & husky white inside.

I'm more interested in the design, shape and parts used. Quad or 2 headlights, what type of grill, what the door carts like etc. There are a lot of different variations of these stuff and I cannot be sure which one is actually the original for this car.

Previous owners most probably replaced a few of these with the ones from different years & models. Front grill for example is actually an mk2 which doesn't even fit properly!!

Also I think I'm missing some covers in the boot. The rear lights are exposed and I am guessing there have to be some sort of covers behind them.

That's why I ask for some pictures from people who know their cars are stock.

The car will arrive somewhere in November and I want to collect as much info as I can. I want the car to look as it came out of the factory as much as possible.

Back to the top

Have you got any photos of it now?
If so post them up.

But the door cards would match the seat material, twin light grille, yes black plastic covers clip over the rear light clusters.
Yours being pre 1990 would be manual roof, manual windows.
5 speed gear box. Colour coded Avis snowflake wheels.

Back to the top
Try some of these links, between them you might turn up something useful.

One's obviously the wrong colour but presumably the type / level of trim etc. will be the same spec / weave in white.

One's Spanish (and a GLi) but seems to match UK GTi spec, some boot shots.

The other is advertised as a GTi and currently for sale here in N.Ireland…

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=your-mk1-golfs_2%2Fmy-restoration

https://www.vibbo.com/sta-cruz-tenerife/volkswagen-golf-golf-cabriolet-18-gliquartet-2p/a116599436/

http://www.bobmullanmotors.com/details.asp?CarID=9739

http://www.danielcurnock.co.uk/forsale/view_pd.php?id=354

Back to the top

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

Hello again everyone.

It's been a long time since I've actually looked at the forum. I'm having some busy/difficult times lately, so I couldn't get started with the project as yet. So, obviously no photos either.

My original plan was to finish before the spring season but it seems we'll have a delay. I still have to sort a few things before I can focus on the project.

But rest assured I will post photos as I go along and will try to document each phase as much as I can.

And thank you RichardHall

Cheers.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.