Skip navigation

£323 bonnet or £125 bonnet from Heritage?

Back to the top
A chimney fell on my 1990 cabby's bonnet, so I need a replacement. Heritage offer 2 - has anyone tried either? Recommendations?
https://www.heritagepartscentre.com/uk/volkswagen/golf-mk1-cabriolet/body-panels/bonnet-panels.html

Ta x

Back to the top
Why not a genuine used one, obviously a nice one, regularly seen on ebay, although i have no idea how nice they are....

Back to the top
Was it your chimney? If not claim on their ins and put the best on.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
over here most home owners have a deductible... so you may have to pay out of pocket for both repairs, and if you have full coverage on both, then one defaults to the other and you can have either 2 deductibles or just one, depends on how the policies were written.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top

Where are u I have a gen one from my caddy spare only wanted £30 for it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Thanks for the replies. :)

It wasn't my chimney, and I have no way to claim off the other party, unfortunately. I'm just thankful there wasn't more damage.

wilko13 unfortunately I think I'm a very long way from you because I'm just south of Manchester.

Also complicated because I have been shielding for over a year, so can't travel far for ebay pickups etc.

If no one's heard anything terrible about the expensive ones on Heritage, I might push the boat out. Me and the car deserve a treat!

Back to the top

Yea but if trek I’m Norwich area and understandable about the travelling

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.