Skip navigation

Banger Rally Bmw £500 budget

Back to the top
Bit of a back story on this car and wher we are going

I did a similar trip with my dad last year and it was amazing i am hooked 4000 miles 14 days from Scotland to rome.

Now with two trips planned next year both 4000 miles plus over 14 days one trip takes you over the french alps and down to Rome while the other trip takes you over Austrian alps and again down to rome all in a £500 car.

The first trip is in My E46 Convertible 323 my every day car. the same car i used last year runs a dream never missed a beat and is a lovely place to be nice easy trip for me and the partner should be great fun roof down with the sun shining.

Now with the second trip im going on iswith my best mate and we decided the convertible was A) Far to nice for us to slide all over the mountains B) To easy we know it wont break so where is the fun in that

So the search was on £500 or less. You may of seen a thread i put up asking for some advise we had a very simple criteria RWD and Manual nothing else matters.

Two weeks ago monday we set off for a bit north of Mancherster from birmingham to look at this car 2 hours each way ish and i had already got them down to the £500 budget over the phone.

Well it all went to pot accident on the M6 North meant we didnt move for nearly 4 hours.

Luckily the seller agreed to meet at the unit when we got their whatever time it may be. So 12pm rolls around and we finally arrive some 7 hours after setting of on a 2 hour journey.

Needless to say their was no haggling room now and i was to tired to care.

Quick look around the car dosent look to bad few scabs on the rear arch sitting on coilovers so low that you cant really see underneath (If you havent guessed already their was a reason for this)

it has the all important 2.5 engine from an e46 but the wiring is a mess but it starts and runs so how bad can it be.

Anyway onto the trailer and home.

All home safe and parked up the next day

IMG-20180816-WA0003.jpg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.