Skip navigation

1983 Type25 Panel Van/Camper

Back to the top
Right this is what im going to be playing with over winter :) I bought it with the money I got selling the S1.

Its got a gas cooker, sink, bed etc already just needs a bit of a tidy on this inside. Gonna tart it up over winter :)

DSC_0002 by Scott SB Photos, on Flickr

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Sorry to say Scott but not a massive fan of this shape van, prefer the t4 or t2

Banner

Back to the top

jellybelly said

Sorry to say Scott but not a massive fan of this shape van, prefer the t4 or t2

Fair enough JB, they are very "marmite" :)
I never used to like them a few years back….

T4's dont really do it for me, they are too modern. I would like a T2 Bay but we are saving up for a deposit on a house, so if i go and blow £8000 odd of it on a van I think I would be living in it lol

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Future classic there mate, the wife keeps telling me I need to get rid of my 6n Polo work horse because its a death trap  :lol:  She wants us to get a T25 Caravelle! A guy at the bottom of our street has one, slightly lowered and looks very nice!
Your new one looks tidy enough, does it need much work?

Goly The Golf, a 1983 5dr 1.3cl having a full resto.
Cherub, a 1985 Mk2 Polo Breadvan.
1995 Rover Mini Sprite (wife's daily)

Back to the top
i like em, done well they look the nutts

:thumbs:  :thumbs:

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Nice one Scott, that looks sweet.  :cool:

I didn't rate t3s/t25s much either but started to notice the styling similarities with mk1s and it snowballed from there for me.  :lol:

Have fun mate, that'll be ace for wild camping and proper stealth with it being a panel.  ;)

Mk1 Golf floor mats - for tin top and cabriolet - Zero7796 17298Five

Back to the top
Nice buy Scott, looks quite tidy. What are the plans for the winter make-over then?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Scott good choice Split screens and Bays nice but silly money and little space,T25 easy to look after and lots of options out there,just don’t put windows in it,panels are getting scarce. I have a T25 Komet camper van and a syncro currently being worked on see the thread on here.

Back to the top
He won't put windows in it, I sent him loads of links for T25 camper vans and he was adamant he wanted a panel van, plus he can help me clear all the rubbish out my house now and do some building / decorating for me! :-)

I wasn't keen on the T25, but has grown on me now, is a cracking van, glad you got one mate  :thumbs:

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Cheers guys, not sure what I got planned, just to tidy up the interior and make it a bit more usable. At the moment its got sink, gas cooker, fold out sofa bed thing.
I think it could do with a bit more storage, maybe a proper R&R bed. I might rearrange it to give a bit more space.
Its going to stay as a van, I prefer the way the look - even though reversing is pain  :dry:

Another thing I need to do if get leisure battery wired up so that I have power away from campsites :)

Scott

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top

arf333 said

Cheers guys, not sure what I got planned, just to tidy up the interior and make it a bit more usable. At the moment its got sink, gas cooker, fold out sofa bed thing.
I think it could do with a bit more storage, maybe a proper R&R bed. I might rearrange it to give a bit more space.
Its going to stay as a van, I prefer the way the look - even though reversing is pain  :dry:

Another thing I need to do if get leisure battery wired up so that I have power away from campsites :)

Scott

You've been tangoed !!

Back to the top
Had a little change around inside…

There was a massive wooden base covering about 3/4 of the rear of the van, with a fold out bed from ikea on top.

I took all that out and put rock n roll bed in :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
That looks tidy Scott. Have you slept in it yet?

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top
Loving this, I have also started looking at T25's as a winter project.  You get a lot of van for your money and its only going to go up in value  :thumbs:

keeping an eye on this one

Back to the top
Still not happy with the inside so I have stripped it out completely, over xmas and new year im going to insulate, cut new ply panels, build raised storage area over engine bay and hopefully carpet it all :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Nice !
they will go up in value like the other vans, would like one of these myself.
Def got a mk1 golf feel to the shape

lhasa green 83 gti tintop MOT passed Aug '14 after nearly 12 years!
Audi A6 3.0 tdi Avant Quattro Le Mans 305bhp 

Back to the top
Made a bit of progress;

Made up a raised platform in the back with access to engine and storage either side - this makes the rear end of the bed when R&R bed is flat, just need to get some foam cut to size

Also insulated and put ply up on the roof, hoping to do this with the walls before I go back to work.

Last edit: by arf333

South West Regional Host

Previous;

Current;

Banner

Back to the top
Nice work laddie 👍

Back to the top
mellowyellow do you have any photos of your t25?

My brother did a very good job converting a t25 panel van into a camper, then again the t5 van to t5 camper was impressive too. He just needs to pull his finger out and get the mk1 track car done.

Back to the top
looks like a nice job

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.