Skip navigation

1976 polo lhd 60,000 miles value?

Back to the top
Hi

Got offered a lhd polo that's been sat in a warm garage since 91. 
Couple small holes very tidy otherwise. 
Think it's lofoten green. 
Will need 2500 pounds for it with buying price plus getting it over from Scandinavia. 

Back to the top
Seem expensive considering it will be LHD and need shipping.

Back to the top

heartagram said

Seem expensive considering it will be LHD and need shipping.

2500 will be total price including the delivery. 
Read there is only 4 polos of that age in the uk left so thought I might be worth something to someone for that price. 

Back to the top
Couple of small holes? Remember rust/rot is like icebergs, if you can see something there is 10x more underneath that you can't (yet) see until you go prodding with a sharp stick.

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top

Early-1800 said

Couple of small holes? Remember rust/rot is like icebergs, if you can see something there is 10x more underneath that you can't (yet) see until you go prodding with a sharp stick.

Yep as far as I know is that it's only a two tips no hidden icebergs.
It's on the front wing.
Any rough value ideas?
Found one with Google and that's where I read there's only 4 in the uk but maybe incorrect.
2,200 Used Volkswagen Polo Cars for Sale | CarSite
He wants 5 grand!
Guess it's tidy but the one I can drive over is a cooler colour plus easy to make to same condition.
It's just an ideal as I'm always looking for an excuse to visit the family in the uk.

Back to the top
I don't think you can really put a price on these now, they are so rare, it's whatever you want to pay for one - won't ever be as many after them as a Mk1 Golf - but to the right person the price will be fine.

I wouldn't ever pay the £5k that the White one is up for, but if the one you had seen would have been Riyad yellow then I would have it like a shot as it's exactly what I had years ago, so value I think is what it means to you.

can't remember Green bring an early UK colour though, thought they were
Mars red
Riyad yellow
Miami blue
Bronze
Silver
But that's just using my 1977 Derby brochure as a reference.

not sure how accurate this site is but shows hardly any Mk1 Polo registered or SORN now

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_polo#!manufacture

Last edit: by RichardHall

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

RichardHall said

I don't think you can really put a price on these now, they are so rare, it's whatever you want to pay for one - won't ever be as many after them as a Mk1 Golf - but to the right person the price will be fine.

I wouldn't ever pay the £5k that the White one is up for, but if the one you had seen would have been Riyad yellow then I would have it like a shot as it's exactly what I had years ago, so value I think is what it means to you.

can't remember Green bring an early UK colour though, thought they were
Mars red
Riyad yellow
Miami blue
Bronze
Silver
But that's just using my 1977 Derby brochure as a reference.

not sure how accurate this site is but shows hardly any Mk1 Polo registered or SORN now

https://www.howmanyleft.co.uk/vehicle/volkswagen_polo#!manufacture

Thanks Richard.
Think I'll check it out and see how much work it will be to register it.

Back to the top
I realise this is a later face lift model, but perhaps still worth considering?

The seller is based in Carrickfergus, Co. Antrim which is very close to both Belfast + Larne harbours for ease of return to the Mainland.

He's also one of the founders of the GTINI forum, and a VW enthusiast.

http://www.vagen.co.uk/#!1980-vw-polol-895cc/c23bz

As an aside he's also showing a Golf Cabrio in stock… Looks to have a scarce Zender Z2 kit fitted!

http://www.vagen.co.uk/#!1984-vw-golf-18-convertible/ctx1 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.