Skip navigation

83 Golf GX - 1.9 TDI

Back to the top
Hi all,

Welcome to my recently acquired Golf - Eddy.
It's an 83 GX model that is in need of a little time and tlc as it has been stood around with little use for a couple of years now. The car itself has been converted to a 1Z TDI but using a Mk2 GTD fuel pump, turbo and gearbox. The conversion is a bit rough and ready but functional and as such drove the 25 miles home perfectly so is generally just in need of a tidy up.

My plan for the Golf currently is to tidy up the conversion and enjoy the car in its patina glory until I can afford a more in depth restoration.

023BC3B2-983F-410F-B867-CE7E8ADF5DF2.jpeg

34389261-DB6A-4625-A548-25A0F2B26787.jpeg

BD826021-9C7F-4B80-A108-E9FDF011EF96.jpeg

Back to the top
Welcome!

Looks good - always nice to see one that is gracefully showing it's age! The problem with 'tidying up' is that you put one new/clean bit on the car and it makes the other bits look worse, and then it is an ever decreasing spiral of chasing perfection. Plenty of us on here are guilty of that, myself included!

J

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To

Back to the top
Definitely looks better in photos (at least for now).
To be honest I think it may already be starting as I find myself hunting for parts and ending up with more than I was after.
Ordered a new set of keys and ended up buying a new fuel cap so that had new keys too. Then bought some dash trim and ended up buying all the new fixing screws to make them match up. 

Back to the top
Just slowly gathering parts for any broken trim
8A141DBF-DA4E-47C3-B801-F6E674A55E09.jpeg
Also I couldn't resist a set of reproduction original dealer plates supplied by Retro Plates
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.