Skip navigation

Electric Mk1 Caddy Project

Back to the top

Film making and instagram page for VW Mk1 e-Caddy

Hey everyone,

ANYONE HERE INTO ELECTRIC CARS?

Over the last 2.5 years my father and I have been converting a mk1 Caddy into the electric age and we're nearly at the point of test driving it!
I've had a lot of mixed reviews about my little project but generally people are loving it so I thought I'd make an account o n here and post about it to see what the REAL VDub fans think about it !!

instagram.com/electricvwcaddyproject

Thats the link to the instagram page if youre interested in taking a look at the entire project start to finish. I think soon I will be making a proper YouTube video on the ins and outs of this project and what was hard about it and what was simple.

Please feel free to share this post about to your friends who may be interested in electric vehicles or in fact are converting there own and need any tips. :)Ellis G

IMG_8611.PNG IMG_8612.PNG

Back to the top
Looks like an interesting project, but I don't do Instagram : (

My rebuild thread I will try and keep up to date: here

K-Jet fuel pressure test guage How-To

Back to the top
Sadly I'm not an instagrammer either, but i am very interested….

I hope you can share some more of the project here with us…

Back to the top

LSG PRODUCTIONS said

Hey everyone,

ANYONE HERE INTO ELECTRIC CARS?

Over the last 2.5 years my father and I have been converting a mk1 Caddy into the electric age and we're nearly at the point of test driving it!
I've had a lot of mixed reviews about my little project but generally people are loving it so I thought I'd make an account o n here and post about it to see what the REAL VDub fans think about it !!

instagram.com/electricvwcaddyproject

Thats the link to the instagram page if youre interested in taking a look at the entire project start to finish. I think soon I will be making a proper YouTube video on the ins and outs of this project and what was hard about it and what was simple.

Please feel free to share this post about to your friends who may be interested in electric vehicles or in fact are converting there own and need any tips. :)Ellis G

IMG_8611.PNG IMG_8612.PNG

Hi Ellis,

Caddy looks great. Are you going to keep it front wheel drive?  Bet there will be quite a bit of torque from that motor.

I love how compact the motor and gearbox look and how similarly sized they are :lol:

What's your expected range going to be? I bet the acceleration will be amazing!

Back to the top
Been following this on insta, looks great!

Back to the top
Wish I could follow love the idea
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.