Skip navigation

Back after a break

Back to the top
Sold my old S1 GLi back in late 2014 and regretted it ever since.   Recently acquired a much later cabby GTI so I figured best to get myself back on here.    Doesn't need a whole lot doing to it from what I can see but going in for new roof in a couple of weeks as this one has a rip.  Few plans for it but nothing too dramatic.  Fancy putting a Blaupunkt Bremen DAB in it mind if I can convince management it's a wise investment!

B9F24D1D-C163-4B87-8003-E9C8727C8AC3.jpeg B0A19314-9074-4858-B3D1-C88414DDA534.jpeg 93A10685-C756-498A-8470-764B92A8BCB7.jpeg

Back to the top
Smart looking car! Very nice :)

Have owned :-

Mk1, Mk2, Mk3, Mk4
Bugs, Buses, Type 3
Porsche 911T '71

Back to the top
Looks good  :thumbs:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Blaupunkt looks lovely, but costs more than a AVH-Z7200DAB???

Nice car BTW. Looks tidy

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the whip. The term has now been generalised to classify any automobile.

Back to the top
Oooh I've been eyeing up the Bremen, let us know how you get on with it

Current rides:

2003 BMW 330d Manual Saloon Msport
1985 GTI cabriolet black edition (42k miles)
1999 Triumph Daytona 955i Post apocalyptic, rat, brat, scrambler, steam punk, cafe racer

IMG_20190803_123357.jpg

Back to the top
Thanks all for welcome.  Don't think the Blaupunkt is more expensive than the AVH-Z7200DAB.   It's about £400 for head unit, external mic etc is a bit more on top.   The AVH-Z7200DAB is a lovely looking unit but I prefer the "original" look of the Bremen sqr 46, plus you've got 700 odd colours to select for the back lighting so getting it to be same colour as the mk1 back lighting should be possible.

I'm planning on order it at end of month and get it professionally fitted in July with new original spec speakers and some sound deadening.   It won't ever be up to modern spec but I'll give a review once it's all done 

A little picture of the original Blaupunkt Bremen (top) and the new one below with DAB, usb etc where the "cassette" would go

ACD3C633-17C3-4DC1-A2DB-15D668AC68C1.jpeg

Back to the top
I think it's a good move.
I've got a period Blaupunkt in mine but I constantly use a tape adaptor and play music through my phone.

I was forced to update my speakers but due to the low power of the head unit they sound just as bad as original. The higher output of the Bremen should mean you can have better quality speakers without the need to amp them.

I'll be honest your review at the end of the month is going to swing my decision to bite the bullet or not

Current rides:

2003 BMW 330d Manual Saloon Msport
1985 GTI cabriolet black edition (42k miles)
1999 Triumph Daytona 955i Post apocalyptic, rat, brat, scrambler, steam punk, cafe racer

IMG_20190803_123357.jpg

Back to the top
If it wasn't for my constant use of Sat-Nav I would be very tempted. The simple layout with bass & treble is so much more user friendly. Front and rear USB is also very useful.

Whip
/wip/
Noun - Car

When the steering wheel was first put into use in automobiles, it was called the whip. The term has now been generalised to classify any automobile.

Back to the top

WATERNAIR said

I think it's a good move.
I've got a period Blaupunkt in mine but I constantly use a tape adaptor and play music through my phone.

I was forced to update my speakers but due to the low power of the head unit they sound just as bad as original. The higher output of the Bremen should mean you can have better quality speakers without the need to amp them.

I'll be honest your review at the end of the month is going to swing my decision to bite the bullet or not

I haven't got round to buying this yet mate.  Can't quite justify the £750 at minute for unit, speakers and professional fitting as had a few other expenses this past couple of months

Will let you know once I do get it all done thou 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.