Skip navigation

1982. C =>GTI.

Back to the top
Hi guys. I'm from Belarus. It's very difficult to find here an original Mk1 GTI. So i decided to build some kind of it from the ordinary 1982 VW Golf Mk1 C. The car was bought 2017/11/11. It had 2,0 8v AGG engine (VW Golf Mk3 GTI) swapped by former owner, front GTI-spoiler and a pair of front VAG-Sports (VW Passat 35i GT). Here's some photos from the day when I bought it.

Back to the top
That looks a really solid body shell from the photos.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

1982. C =>GTI.

RichardHall said

That looks a really solid body shell from the photos.
It seems to be alive. However there was some welding operations with rear fenders and a corner of rear skirt. But at least it has no visible rust. Good base for the further action I think.

Last edit: by 1982_mk1

Back to the top

1982. C =>GTI.

After some days of driving 115 hp car with stock brakes we decided to improve brake system)))
We installed 280 mm front disks on VW Passat 35i calipers using some kind of adapters.
Rear drum brakes were improved too. We used bigger diameter brake cylinder from the same VW Passat 35i.
After that we installed 25,4 mm VW T4 master brake cylinder.
We needed 15" rims to wear on 280 mm front brakes so VW Passat 35i G60 Steelies we're bought.

Back to the top

1982. C =>GTI.

After 9 months it looks this way. There’s still much work with it, but at least it makes me look back when I leave it)
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.