Skip navigation

Rain Tray Panel

Back to the top
Hi
I am very new to this forum and this is my first post so hopefully all goes well.:lol: I have a black gti shell and I am going to start work on it very soon although one of the problems I have is I believe someone has started to try and smooth the engine bay and they have removed the metal panel that separates the engine bay from the rain scuttle/wiper motor. Does anyone know if this panel is available to buy? I have looked on vw heritage and had no joy. This would be a huge help.

Thanks in advance.:thumbs:Tom

Back to the top
Welcome to the club first of all Tom.

I'm not sure if you can but I'll leave this to the experts! 👍🏼

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top

Rain Tray Panel

I have never seen for sale not a removable part as such I would put wanted affair in the hopes someone who is thinking of doing the same (smoothing) will send u theirs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Suspect any that have been removed to smooth the bay, will not have been removed in one piece, but if you do source a used one best to remove the chassis no or it could cause confusion further down the line.

Back to the top

Rain Tray Panel

It is available separately but long obsolete. Used is the only real option.  This is where your chassis number should be on a series 2 car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards Volkswarren

X2 1983 A REG EW CAMPAIGN In WHITE(Awaiting full rebuild solid body) :thumbs: & T Reg S1 GTi Project, Still Looking for Series 1 GTi's or a 16S Oettinger to restore (Complete Cars only)  or an A reg Lhasa Green or White Gti to restore, also consider  Black, Red or Blue, Also Golf Driver Project Wanted anything considered WHY

Back to the top
Thanks for all your replies! I just needed to know if I was missing something obvious but it seems not, I actually have a doner cabriolet but I would rather not cut it up as I've become quite found of it haha, but it seems i'll have to. Thanks again lads, won't be as hesitant to ask next time quite scary when you feel dumb:lol:

Back to the top
You may not need to cut up your car as there has been a few people on here removing their panel to get a smoothed look, maybe post up a wanted ad to see if anyone has one just sitting around?

There is few cars being broken at the moment as well.

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.