Skip navigation

Kr track mk1

Back to the top

Having owned my golf for just over a year now, i have decide to start a treat showing my progress whilst i do a mini resto.

Hello everyone!

New to the club, so i thought id start a tread to show my progress, whist i do a mini resto on mk1.

I got the car around a year ago, swapped it for a 200sx s13 that i had at the time, i'd had a couple of mk2s before this point, but had never been lucky enough to find myself in a mk1.

A year on and after a few trackdays and much fun, i have decided to strip her down, tidy her up and sort out some of the monstrosity of bodges unfortunently on the car.

Here are a few photos of the car when i got it.
DSC_0368_1.JPG
DSC_0373_1.JPG
DSC_0282_1.JPG

Bit of a mess when i first got the car, but it was the start of summer and i wanted to get some enjoyment out of it, to keep me motivated before i started attacking its annoying issues.

So i fixed what needed to be fixed to a point where i could enjoy it, added a few other goodies and away i went.
DSC_1256.JPG

Skip forward to today, and here how she looks right now;
20170520_162511.jpg
20170520_155548.jpg
20170428_170155.jpg

I have stripped the car for paint, started smoothing the bay, put the trip line back in the car, sorted the horrific wiring, straightened the front etc etc etc,
My list is still huge before i even spray it, few small holes to sort out here and there, my engine to prep.. plenty to do!

And i will keep you all updated, when updates are there to make!
Hope you are interested by this! I can"t wait to get it done, back out on track and at some shows.

Jonny Keeling,
Sw dubber.
- '82 Mk1 Golf gti, Kr track car.

Back to the top
Nice project Jonny. I like the Dolly too  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.