Skip navigation

Cabby Gti

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

This is the gearbox code I presume? Hopefully it will be good in the cabby

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
That code is not original on 020 gearbox looks like some one has carved that into to casting?

Edit… just seen your earlier post… it must be a gearbox from the Tdi… 

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Yes it’s from a 95 golf td .

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Well folks I’m looking for some advice before I  fit the AAZ engine . Is there anything I need  to do while I have full access to the engine before its fitted? Also I’m still unsure about what I need to make the exhaust fit ? Finally the fuel lines can I use the plastic ones from the mk3 golf? Help a brother out please. Thanks

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

somebody sent me this so funny

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Been looking at various threads regarding fuel pumps fitted to AAZ engines , this is fitted to the engine I have Any thoughts on whether this pump is one of the better ones ? Thanks

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Aaz in the cabby at last

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Any pointers on wiring up this injun?

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

howdy folks , any idea what this is it’s on the aaz engine?

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Hydraulic suspension.Does anybody know anything about this set up?I think it’s a rayvern . Am I missing any bits?

Back to the top
52DED7A5-9797-47B2-9F86-A14FCA652A18.jpeg

360E8146-5C2F-41BC-AD90-8B50EF86133C.jpeg

38E81240-79F3-4224-ADFC-1EB00A6959E0.jpeg

45DE67E9-6CD8-40C7-BFCF-DC31B3E4DEE0.jpeg

Back to the top
Looks interesting  :thumbs:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top

Cabby Gti

Thanks Ian it’s for a caddy I might try it on the  cabby . Great work on the garage by the way , looks great plenty of room too.I built myself a spray booth / garage while this corona business was going on nothing on the scale of your garage but I’m chuffed with it and it cost me next to nothing

Back to the top
howdy folks, Its been an age since i was at the cabby ,I  am having a bit of hassle with all the wiring as all the labels faded and im not sure what i need and what i dont .Ive tried my best with the pics and wiring descriptions . Any help with what wire goes where is appreciated> many thanks Ger
1.JPG

Back to the top
2.JPG

Back to the top
3.JPG

Back to the top
4.JPG

Back to the top
5.JPG

Back to the top
6.JPG

Back to the top
Finally got the finger out after a bit of motivation from looking at Wilkos caddy and all his great progress and his hard work  I painted the wings and boot lid before but I wasn't happy too much of orange peel . So I redone them I have to say I've been prepping these for over a month . I'm as blind as a bat so I hope I haven't missed a bit as my missus love's saying 4C091D5C-7EAA-4469-AAD0-B9C2DEE2341E.jpeg v👍🏻
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.