Skip navigation

A116 KLB - putting her back on the road!

Back to the top
Over the next few weeks (while clearing out my MK1 spares container) I am going to bolt some good bits onto my original MK1 Golf cabrio and get the old girl back on the road.

I have already found the correct GTI grill and a BBS front splitter (I have the rest of the kit somewhere) and think that it suits the cabrio quite nicely, lovely colour contrasts!

It has been a while since I have done any work on a MK1 so may have to ask some questions along the way!

Matt

IMG_20200827_195217809.jpg

Matt

Banner

Back to the top
errr... good luck and the best of British

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top

Ask away you will get loads of support.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top
So small update - I have managed to "find" another GTI cabrio in my container - which I thought I had sold a few years ago!

Cabrio GTI.jpg

Also manged to find the original white wings! - They are not the best, but they are original VW :)

Gti white wings.jpg

I think a few hours spent sorting through my spare parts should see me "find" all the bits I need to put her back together!

Matt

Banner

Back to the top

How the hell do you lose a car. Great find though.

Back to the top

Backinblack said

How the hell do you lose a car. Great find though.

I bought it a while back for spares (probably 10+ years ago) and stripped what I needed from it. I thought that I had scrapped it, but it has been sat in a container underneath spares/tools etc!

Matt

Banner

Back to the top
IMG_20200906_162247585.jpg

Little bit of progress today, have the engine a once over, slight fuel leak and sticky throttle body, but with a big strong battery she fired up on the first turn of the key!

Matt

Banner

Back to the top
good luck and good on you

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.