Skip navigation

Help please

Back to the top
Hi all

Just bought an 89 clipper needs a load of work and will just be a hobby car for me.

Currently has some horrible wheels on it. I have a broken spring so need to replace it.

Makes sense to lower it at the same time.

I dont want too low just not the original height. What is the best option for springs and then future wheel size?

Sent from my SM-G988B using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Welcome,

I've always used Eibach springs in the past if you are just wanting a little drop while retaining some comfort.

My 1988 car has some coilovers of unknown make and its got 16 inch porsche wheels on - 9 inch wide on the rear. I can't tell you if it catches because I've still to drive my project too haha.

That's as big a wheel as I'd recommend on a Mk1 without having to do some serious alterations.

Personally I think that size suits my car really well.

1988 Helios Blue GTI Cabrio project running 1900cc 8v on GSXR 600 carbs and with added porsche bits

Former Mk1's - 1983 Golf Driver 1.3 and a 1982 Golf GTI with a 1.8l 16 valve sold 1999 - CKC 66X (I would love to know if its still alive…)

Back to the top
Try tdcautomotive they are also on eBay, I got blistein shocks and hr springs at good price.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.