Skip navigation

Welsh newbie

Back to the top
Hi guys just joined. From mid wales, in the hunt for a diesel mk1 golf or caddy. Hopefully wont be to long
Cheers steve

Back to the top
Welcome along.

Good luck with the search.

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
MK1 Diesels were quite rare when new, as were all Diesel cars. They tended to be bought by people to cover high mileages and hence even fewer exist today, which in means they are expensive. If £ is no object;  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/1979-Mk1-Golf-Series-1-1-5LD-Unmodified-Original/293606036846?hash=item445c48956e:g:bxYAAOSwMkRe3Tv4

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
Thanks for the replies, yeah keeping an eye on that one, although its over 7k on car and classic
Steve

Back to the top
Why a diesel?

I had a 1981 diesel and although it was economical it was so noisy Inside the car and went through head gaskets for a past time…  :lol:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top

mark1gls said

Why a diesel?

I had a 1981 diesel and although it was economical it was so noisy Inside the car and went through head gaskets for a past time…  :lol:
I had a Jetta 1.6LD W Reg. It cracked its head :(Being in East Lancs, West Yorks the gearing for the hills was a bit hard work either revving its nuts off or struggling.

Later I had a Caddy 1.6D J reg it was 5 speed and a liitle better but still struggled with a small load in the back in a head wind trying to cross the M62

I'd love the Caddy back but don't think I could cope with a rattly knocking old IDI Diesel as daily

1983 Mars Red 1.8 Golf GTI
1987 Alpine White 1.8 Clipper Cabriolet

The trouble with doing nothing is that you never know when you are finished.

Back to the top
I prefer the sound of old straight diesels 🤣. Its onlynfor a weekend car probably use few times a month, just fancu something different.

Back to the top

Welsh newbie

Hi mate im from North Wales and just bought a one previous owner 1.6 diesel Caddy pick up. It’s all original and untouched with original paint and panels. Was a lucky find! Good luck with your search! Here’s what mine looked like for years and after a clean without canopy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.