Skip navigation

1983 MK1 Cabriolet GL Mars Red

Back to the top
Hi All,

Just took delivery yesterday of a 1983 MK1 Cab in Mars Red up in sunny Scotland.

Bodywork has recently been restored with only a scuff on the front driver wing corner to sort. New outer hood has been fitted and the engine seems good although idling a bit high so will sort that asap. Interior needs refurbed and a Mildew smell eradicated. After that it's tinkering, fixing, upgrading where it's needed while enjoying it during the summer.

All in all I'm happy with it and even though I'm not mechanical I plan to learn to do most jobs myself as I've read they're easy to work on.

I'm usually a Peugeot man, owning 205 and 306 gtis in the past but I love the retro 80's look about these so I'm in the process of being converted :)

Here's a pic of her.

Thanks IMG_20200413_144130.jpg

Back to the top
Looks good and welcome to the club!

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Welcome along.

Looks in good nic from here!

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Hi looks a nice start... what plans you got for this? looks pretty original, love the small bumper versions with chrome , but i only have the larger(clipper kit) style, yes chortle will say not clipper kit,but everyone else calls it that.

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
Thanks for the welcome, it's running high revs so initially need to sort that out and a slight coolant leak which I think is a bad hose connector.
Interior needs sorted especially the seats so going to tackle that and a good clean of the roof headliner as it's stinks a bit.
In terms of mods, thinking coilovers then some BBS style rims to start with, after that I'll see where my mood takes me.

Back to the top
wecome to the forum nice shadow LOL

Do not know a lot but willing to help if possible

1989 Sapphire Blue Mk1 Cabriolet KR
1985 Atlas Grey Mk2 GTI 2.0 ABF

Back to the top

nicci21paul said

wecome to the forum nice shadow LOL

Thanks, I'm just grateful we have sun to get the shadow :D
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.