Skip navigation

noob saying hello

Back to the top
Hi folks - thought id say hello .
Long time VW owner ( 30 years ) mainly air-cooled but a few water pumpers .
I used to own a MK1 Cabrio 20 odd years ago - a car well known in these parts I believe ( K487VNX )
paprika red - grey roof - grey cloth interior .
I have seen the car a few times at Stanford Hall and I have always had a little hankering for another one .
anyway a few months ago I got the opportunity to buy an identical one off a friend and jumped at it .

The car is a keeper along with a few others and I'm just starting to go through it ( just needs a bit of a tidy up mechanically )
as it does a few funny things .
but other than that its pretty much perfect so I'm very happy .
Ill probably ask a few silly questions along the way and ifs can be any help please just yell
Regards Jon

Back to the top

noob saying hello

Welcome John I've got a 1990 paprika red mk1 cabriolet. Youve got great taste .Hope you have much success with it Regards Dean

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Welcome aboard

Back to the top
Welcome Jon! Any pics to share of your cabby (or any past Volkswagen's air or water)?

Back to the top
Probably too many to be honest - I've owned 100s 
Currently my cars include 52 split window beetle - 61 beetle Karmann Cabrio - and the golf . I also have a couple of aircooled Porsche's , a Chevy stepside pickup and daily's .  Golf is below and the 3rd picture is my old one I had 20 years or s ago - I took this on the club stand at Stanford hall - that's the reason I got this one ?  30E163E0-B56E-42E4-888D-B8FFAC3E9DD4.jpeg 4A5A99AB-CE42-40E5-AE75-40492D9BA404.jpeg EFEC1A27-F510-407C-AB8F-34AE4B693521.jpeg

Back to the top

noob saying hello

Your a lucky man mate

Back to the top

Deano777 said

Your a lucky man mate

I like to think hard work has a little to do with it as well 😃

Back to the top

noob saying hello

Good fortune and chance happen to us all

Sent from my SM-T585 using Tapatalk

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.