Skip navigation

A wanderer returns

Back to the top

Old member returning to Mk1 ownership

8261370C-E073-42AA-9A79-F611EFF5F3DE.jpeg Hi all

having sold my last Mk1 sport line some 10 years ago now! J386 GMY (previous user topoftherange) i haven’t been on here for a while! I Can’t even  log in under my old I’d as i have changed my email it’s that long ago

still been into my VW’s and Audi’s in the wilderness years, and luckily still owning some very nice cars, i knew i would have a Mk1 again some day!

And yesterday was the day, I Purchased a 1990 Gti Cabriolet, i think it’s Ruby red?

I guess i will find out when all the paint is polished back to it’s former glory.

it needs some TLC here and there but it’s a good solid car, came with a pile of history going back to when it was nearly new!  It’s lived in Berkshire, Newport, Devon and many other places it seems so I’m sure G988 CAN may get recognised by someone?

I may do a little progress thread? As It’s not a build as such, plenty of little jobs to do and to get it to how i want it looking but it’s a sound basis, don’t let the wet picture fool you lol the paint although overall decent it needs a serious detailing and the life put back into it

look forward to catching up with any of the old faces who may remember me? And chatting to those who i don’t Know yet also

Back to the top
Ps those wheels are not staying 😂

Back to the top
Welcome back pal which region r u from
cheers Rick 

Thanks Rick
Membership secretary 

Back to the top
Cheers Rick, I'm in Kent 👍🏻

Back to the top

Re:

One seven one said

Ps those wheels are not staying
I like the wheels..are you selling them ?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Back to the top
Deanno777 yes i will likely be selling them on in the near future

I dont actually dislike them but i have some others in mind for it 

I think they are a staggered set of 8 & 9 x16 Stuttgart alloys, with 195 45 and 205 45 hardly seen any miles tyres on them

Havent taken them off the car yet to check the sizing or offsets 50130A62-8935-418F-A928-9B23498823E0.jpeg  

CEE074E4-D66F-4F94-B31F-3379B4A000C2.jpeg

Back to the top

A wanderer returns

Hi these recent photos show them a bit differently. I'm not a big fan of the stretched tyre thing but they still look cool .oh by the way where are you ? Lovely looking cabby by the way really  nice here's mine

Back to the top
1A51E5A0-D18C-4495-8EDC-355E6F942F88.jpeg D6968BA3-ADDF-4AC9-9CBD-B31F99B13126.jpeg

The paint clean and polishing has begun! Meguiars DA 320 is awesome 

Back to the top

Deano777 said

Hi these recent photos show them a bit differently. I'm not a big fan of the stretched tyre thing but they still look cool .oh by the way where are you ? Lovely looking cabby by the way really  nice here's mine

Yeah im kinda not the biggest fan and its not the look im going for
Being 16s and the sizing they will fit on mk2 and such like 

Im in kent mate, cheers and Yours looks very clean also 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.