Skip navigation

Newbie in the market to buy - advice needed please

Back to the top
Hello all, can you lovely people help me out. My name is Liam, I'm new on here so bear with me. I live in Poland ( I moved here few years ago ) and I'm looking at buying a Golf C nothing special just something as my first project. The thing is it's a 7 hour drive to go and see it, I have spoken to the seller, he has said that there has been only 3 owners (twice him), the second owner had it for 18 years, he said it was an old guy who love it  and looked after it and when he passed away the seller brought it off the family a little over 3 years ago, sadly it's just been sitting there for all that time, from the picture it's looks in really good nic ( bit I will put pictures up and let the experts decided), the engine need some TLC, also the seller has said that its 97% all original inside and out, minimum rust on body, it's accident-free. He wants 7000z? (£1640) but he will negotiate price. I didn't won't to blind buy and make a mistake, please help… I hope these pictures are helpful. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

Back to the top
I guess they key question is how does the price compare to other cars in Poland in the UK the guy would have his hand snapped off for a solid looking car at that price or possiblly even double.  the underneath condition would need a really good inspection to see how much work is needed especially if parked outside on grass for a long while, but again At that price it would be worth itself in parts over here providing engine runs.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

Re:

RichardHall said

I guess they key question is how does the price compare to other cars in Poland in the UK the guy would have his hand snapped off for a solid looking car at that price or possiblly even double.  the underneath condition would need a really good inspection to see how much work is needed especially if parked outside on grass for a long while, but again At that price it would be worth itself in parts over here providing engine runs.
He said that the underneath is good but I have asked for pictures of he can. Mk1 are cheaper in Poland than in England but prices vary depending on condition.

Sent from my SM-A320FL using Tapatalk

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.