Skip navigation

Hello from Yorkshire! newbie here with my first MK1!

Back to the top
Hello everyone!

A quick shout out to say hello. I have owned my lovely little mk1 for about a week now and still trying to create that list of things that need doing. This is my 1st mk1 and I used to own a 93 Corrado VR6. I did a few bits and pieces on that car including a couple of engine conversions.

Not planning too much for thee mk1 just yet as intitially I just want to get her back on the road and get the body work up to par! potentially and engine conversion on the cards (nothing mad) but just want to get her all cleaned up!

Looking to become a paid member and also wanted to start a little build thread - where is best to start this kind of thread?

Back to the top
Hello and welcome.  Best place for your project is in the Your  MK1 Golf & projects section.  Once you join as a paid member you will get access to lots of places with discount, i've Recently saved several years membership fees with all the bits I have bought for my mechanical restoration.

Post up,some pictures so we can see what you have, as well as being really friendly and helpful we are all also really nosey as well!

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top

Hey Richard,

Awesome will check it out!

So here she is, 1980, 1.1, small lights and yellow! I have all services, history and MOTs from 1989! She is totally stock and original, planning to sort the rust and get road worthy first

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Cool love yellow  golfs . My mate had a yellow one in the nineties, it had about half million miles on it . It got me into mk1s,same seats too that’s funny

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

Re: Hello from Yorkshire! newbie here with my first MK1!

gafo said

Cool love yellow  golfs . My mate had a yellow one in the nineties, it had about half million miles on it . It got me into mk1s,same seats too that’s funny

Awesome! This ones on 65k miles, all documented too! To be honest the colour is not something i would normally go for, but i love it!

Sent from my LG-H870 using Tapatalk

Back to the top

I forgot I bought the same seats don’t know why . Nostalgia I think

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.