Skip navigation

Finally own a mk1 golf from Manchester area

Back to the top

About me and the new project :-/ lol

Hi all!

So after 5 + years searching for a mk1 golf that was in my price range, didn't have much rust and wasn't to far away I jumped right in……..

MAYBE too deep haha

The car is a -

1983 October registered car (my birthday month!)
Petrol
Original colour is black
Originally a 1.1CL but now registered as a 1.8 from the pervious pervious owner lol
brought from a guy who had a mk5 R32 and previously to owing the mk1 had a caddy which he sold for this

He was selling this due to working away from his home and he had put a deposit on a fully restored old beetle 1970. So seemed like good timing for us both and also I've had the odd family member who's had a serious illness and thought if I don't do it now, I never will and they keep going up in value every year as well.

So where to start….this is defo a project that is over my head but that's why I've joined so I am sorry in advance for all the stupid questions and if I don't post enough as I've got a wife, 2 year old daughter and a dog to keep me busy most of the time haha.

Below is a list of what came with the car

Rear disk conversion
 New bearings
New disks
Pollybushed rear axle
Polly bushes top mounts rear
New top mounts front
Full set of brand new coilovers all round
Pollybush kit for front wishbones
New front wheel bearings
Both front doors with glass
Passenger side wing
Bonnet
Brand new front panel
Included is Both front doors with glass bit rusty but 100% repairable
 Passenger side wing
Brand new front panel not needed
New passenger side floor not needed
Dash to fuse box wiring loom
a few other looms
Fuel tank Fuel filler neck
Rear quarter glass
1.8t engine BBU code 100k clock
All turbo and ancillaries
New Drivers side sill panel
Dashboard with small storage marks
Mk4 golf rear calipers and Mk2 rear calipers carriers ready to bolt on
A box of odds and sods switches fuse box etc
Steering column

This is the best picture below I've got of her sat in my garage, there is welding to be done on the drivers side sill and I've just bought a rear lower valance as the previous previous owners cut the lower part out for some reason. I still need to check the passenger side sill for rust as well.

some rust around the filler cap which from what I've read over the years this is common, also some at the bottom of the rear arch where the new lower valance will go and hopefully sort out. The spare wheel well and the windscreen sections are pretty good looks like service rust which was another reason for buying this project.

Sorry if this was long winded but thought I'd cover what I can, but please ask any questions and looking forward to talking and hopefully meeting you all or being that "guy" who always needs help HAHA
:lol: First day getting the mk1.jpeg

Back to the top
Welcome along mucker

We're here to help!

Sounds interesting.

Good luck

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.