Skip navigation

Ow doo

Back to the top
I thought it only polite to say hello seeing as I'm likely to be lurking and borrowing knowledge to get the bogey finished off.

Not sure if theres anyone local to guildford but… err…. thats where i am….. that would be a bit of an odd question if i was from cornwall wouldn't it?.

A little Background on the project, its a 1982 1.1 2 door golf c which is all but finished following a complete resto.  I was due to collect the final pieces of the puzzle last year but women/kid trouble and a sudden loss of workshop meant it wasn't possible sooo… here we are again, less than a weeks worth of work to finish a 3 year resto and instead of getting my hands dirty I'm on the internet bothering you lot.

don't have any pics other than a couple of **** ones but I'm sure you get the idea.

IMG_1258.JPG

Back to the top
welcome

car looks lovely in that green  ;)

DANBOY.

Mk1 Golf cabrio "Golf+ absolutely cabulous"
fresh 20vt rebuild well underway :)https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=projects%2Fyour-mk1-golfs_2%2Fmy-old-white-cabby#post_1402754

Back to the top
Welcome along mucker.

I'm from Cornwall if that helps at all  :lol:   :P

Me likey so far but MORE pics are deffo needed  :thumbs:

Did she stay small block or did you ruin it by installing a 20v turbo?   :'(    :lol:  :lol:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Thanks chaps

Ian its still just a lowly 1.1for the fear of upsetting the purists  ;)

IMG_1240.JPG

In all honesty when i bought it as a stripped shell and big box of bits the intention was to paint it black with biscuit coloured quilted leather and a heavily modded 20v turbo…. as you can see that went well!

I will get some more pics together and start a project thread, which might help me get my finger out of my poo pipe and get it finished.

Back to the top
Welcome !  Car looks great, although I'm more of a "Keep it standard" sort !   I must admit I really only looked at the post because of the "Ow Do", thought you were a Tyke like myself !  lol

Back to the top
Small blocks are awesome!

I have a 1272 in the Derby with twin 40's and a 1400 16v DOHC polo GTI engine Mynx with bike carbs.

Both are light and fun with enough power to spank most things but not ruin the golf handling by having a massive heavy block up front over the front wheels (like in my Cabbie).

Easy to hide stuff on a small block too for an uncluttered bay  :thumbs:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Thanks for the welcome chaps

Ian the decision was made to build it for my lads first car so it needed to be small engined and economical but…… yeah err he's not having it now  :lol:

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.