Skip navigation

Hi

Back to the top

Hi. Recently joined the Forum after buying my sons' Mk1 Cabby because he's emigrated. Hope to be able to pick up some hints and tips because ther'e always something needs doing !  lol   Kev 20160824_130555.jpg

Back to the top
Welcome along mate.

Ahhhh, the joy of old cars eh?

Ask away mate, there's loads of knowledge here.

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Welcome! Great looking Cabby!  :thumbs:
Any future plans besides maintenance? Also…any more pictures to share? We certainly are a pic-hungry bunch around here.

Back to the top
Looks fresh paint. Hope my snowy looks as fresh when comes back from paint.

Welcome to the cabby sub club…those in tintops that have leaky sunroofs only wish they had a cabby.

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top

Kenneth Cartwright said

Welcome to the cabby sub club…those in tintops that have leaky sunroofs only wish they had a cabby.

…and those of us in TinTops without a view wish we had leaky sunroofs :lol:

Back to the top
Morning all, And thanks for the welcome.!   Nothing serious planned, I like to keep things pretty standard.  My Son fitted Coilovers but I'm going to adjust them for a softer ride or if that fails put the standard suspension back on.   The paintworks not bad but isn't perfect, a Respray is on the list. It could also do with some Interior work . The Door Cappings have cracked and the Drivers seat bolsters are worn, usual stuff. We did quite a lot of  mechanical work on her when he bought her as a non runner a couple of years ago.  Other than that it's been Electrical Gremlins but I know an excellent Electrician whose sorted things so far. Kev.

Back to the top
20160818_212016.jpg 20160819_100433 (1).jpg                                                                                             Some of the Electrical issues being sorted.

Back to the top
Hi… door capping are now available new. Try werk34 i can photo a repro and original in car hard to spot difference. As for ride comfort try adjust the coil or you could change for bigger rubber. 50 to 55 made a significant improvement in my ride in sportline even wife agrees.
Bolsters are available from vwheritge and newton commercial and material can be sourced if you send picture. Lots of members are here to help.

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
Hi Kenneth, yes I know Door Cappings and Bolster foams are available, hadn't heard of Werk34 though, i'll check them out. And thanks for the info on the Coilovers, I'll give it a try.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.