Skip navigation

Hey from brizzle newbie

Back to the top
Hey guys
Thought I'd better say hi before i start hassling for advice ;)

Had my 1.6 petrol caddy for a couple of years - can't have managed to drive it more than 1000 miles though - always seems to have something wrong with it… which is why i haven't gotten round to changing the wheel's colour, yet.

love it to bits though…

based down in bristol, and generally have no clue what i'm doing with it :cool:

Back to the top
Very nice. (I actually quite like the wheels)

Well, don't stand on ceremony. Get stuck in with the questions, we have loads of very knowledgable members and I would be pretty sure that your caddys issues won't be unique  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Welcome to the club first of all.☺️

Like Mike said, come on let's here it then, tell us what's your biggest issue right now? 🤔

Let's crack that nut first and we can deal with the smaller ones anytime! 😉 👍🏼

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
thanks guys!
 i get ripped mercilessly for the wheels ;) I'm thinking a burnt gold colour with satin black centre caps will look good.

my first issue is that it's stuck in reverse..!

needs a new gear box (and i guess clutch while i'm in there). and if I'm doing that much, i might look at swapping the engine too  O_o

Back to the top
Welcome to the club.
That's a nice looking Caddy, and the wheels 'aint that bad either!
Is it stuck in reverse because of the gearbox or is it just a linkage problem? (Trying to be optimistic!)
Where was that picture taken? It's a nice bit of scenery and I would like a pic of my Golf with a backdrop like that! I'm about 40 miles from Bristol so a day out in the Golf to take a pic like that seems like a good idea! :cool:
Good luck with the Caddy and don't be afraid to ask questions!

Back to the top
pretty sure it's the box - the linkages are knackered too, but even with the linkages un-linked from the box, you can't get it to shift by pushing/pulling the arm that goes into the box.
just happened out of the blue :(

pic was taken in the Lakes I'm afraid - a fair old slog from brizzle. that was taken 3 days after i bought it… the next day it overheated in traffic on the way back down, and needed recovery… £500 i never saw again  :dry:

once it's running again i plan to pop out somewhere nice and get some more pics - it's had a fair bit of work done since then!

Back to the top
Nice looking caddy, I like the wheel colour it suits the car. I'd love to get my hands on 1 of these maybe my next purchase  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Welcome along mucker

Sounds like the selector fork has given up the ghost on you. It is possible to mend it but probably just easier to go with a new box.

Look forward to seeing it a Brizzle Volks fest next year  :thumbs:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
I'll let you know when i flog it anton_cabrio  ;)

aye, new box i think, and mebbe engine.

yep, planned to go to volksfest last couple of years, but both times something else has come up. next year…!

Back to the top
welcome mate, there's a few Bristolians about on here richyhill .

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.