Skip navigation

Hello from another newbie

Back to the top
Hello All

first post  from not so sunny Staffordshire , well last weekend after many years waiting for the right time ",if there ever the right time"

i took the plunge and travelled 176 miles to purchase my first VW Golf Clipper mk 1 1987

one word Wow ….

so after a lovely day cruising back from county Durham yes with roof down all the way  along the A1 & M1 on her first time out in 5 years loads on waves from the

people who clearly have good taste !!  however one lad on a roundabout driving yes a golf mk5 hanging out the drivers window beeping his horn and thumbs up

scared the mrs to death lol

so the main task now is get her serviced and ready for the winter as this is my main car for everyday  living a dream…
download.jpg

Back to the top
Hi , welcome and congratulations on your new car. Whereabouts in Staffs are you as there are a few of us about?

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Hi Richard
Thanks for the reply im based in weston stafford

Back to the top
Good choice of car. I love driving my cabby around so many people smile and wave  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Welcome to the club first of all and you must be chuffed, the car looks great! 😉

More information about it and photos please. 👍🏼

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Welcome! We're a picture hungry bunch 'round here…  just sayin'.  ;)

Back to the top
s-l400-6.jpg s-l400-5.jpg s-l400-4.jpg s-l400-3.jpg s-l400-2.jpg s-l400.jpg well Guys
here some more pictures looks tidy from the outside but i dont like the wheels they will have to go also have notice some work to be done .

sadly she a poor idler :'( so new spark plugs ,leads have just noticed a hole in back box on exhaust so will have to get this sorted asap  enjoy the pictures ..;) s-l400-1.jpg

Back to the top
Looks great, what seats have you got in that?

Back to the top
Previous owner put some sort of recardo and had all seata in blacl leather  

Back to the top
Looks nice..i like the black white look..ive had it on 3 of my last cars…audi s3….bmw 320 coupe and bmw 330d touring.hopefuly you sort idle issues…could try crazyquiffs if can't find issue

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshi£ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
Hi there, I live in Abbots Bromley, hope to see you cruising out and about!

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Staffordshire Regional Host support

Banner
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.