Skip navigation

1985 greatest hits

Back to the top

Today I became a proud owner of . . .

Hi ladies and gents.

Thought I'd join up and say hello as I became a very proud Mk1 owner today.

Despite a string of elderly VW's approx 8 years I've never owned a Mk1 until now.

So here is my completely original and completely solid 1985 GTI cab, with just 41k on the clock.
Apart from the seats looking like a stegosauras has been driving it is outstandingly clean and looks to of never been driven in winter or rain.

Im sure the car and myself will appear at meets and auto jumbles in the near future mainly because my brakes are non existant despite a new MOT so feel free to talk me, I may look scary (6'2" 18st bodybuiler with a face that 9yrs as a doorman haven't improved) but I'm quite friendly

20170806_132227.jpg

20170806_181037.jpg

20170806_132722.jpg

Current rides:

2003 BMW 330d Manual Saloon Msport
1985 GTI cabriolet black edition (42k miles)
1999 Triumph Daytona 955i Post apocalyptic, rat, brat, scrambler, steam punk, cafe racer

IMG_20190803_123357.jpg

Back to the top
Hi and welcome to the club first of all.

Nice looking Cabby you've got there and your steering wheel lock 🔒 makes me chuckle but very effective I bet! 👍🏼

Sent by a smartphone and not a smartperson!

Play Guess the Asking Price 'SEASON 4' as of Sunday the 29th of October 2017.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fguess-the-asking-price_2

OLD.
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/forum/index.php?page=topicview&id=chat%2Fmk1-golf-chat_2%2Fold-guess-the-asking

Ever wondered who's behind the scenes of this forum?
https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=committee

Mike

There's me building mine 28 years ago, almost finished!        

001.JPG       

Be proud of your VW Golf Mk1, it's very special!

Back to the top
Great looking Cab! Welcome!  :thumbs:

Back to the top
Love the lock.

Be interesting to see you (as described) cruising around in a cabby! I'm surprised you fit.

Welcome along mucker  :thumbs:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Actually I have to admit to of only driven it with the roof down so its all a bit of a gamble.
Some Corrado seat frames may be in order as I understand they are lower hmmm . . . 

Current rides:

1999 Triumph Daytona 955i Post apocalyptic, rat, brat, scrambler, steam punk, cafe racer

IMG_20190803_123357.jpg

Back to the top
Welcome mate,
looks like an "All Black Cabby" too.
What are the seats underneath the cover any pics?

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Chorlte: apart from being knackered. The seats have a black and white stripped centre section and leather or vinyl bolsters.

The rears are fine as are doorcards but its almost as if the white material has deteriorated and left all the black ribs of material hanging down.

What does an "all black" interior consist of? 

Current rides:

IMG_20190803_123357.jpg

Back to the top
Exactly what you have, your car is known as the all black edition, they did an all white version too.

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top
Really nice looking cabby mate. Wish I got a gti but mine was such a bargin at the time i couldn't pass it up.
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.