Skip navigation

Newbie from Somerset

Back to the top
Afternoon all,

After owning a Skoda Octavia VRS for 2 years, it was time for a change, so yesterday, that was sold and today I am back in our summer car, it needs some bits doing to it so I thought I would sign-up and use the knowledge on here.

This is a photo of it from our wedding last year, she is called "Whinny" and is technically my wife's car, but I love driving her.

mk1 - 3 by Jos8282, on Flickr

And this is the other wedding car my pocket rocket mk2 (Hopefully this is ok to add to the page, and there aren't any mk2 haters out there)

mk2 - 5 by Jos8282, on Flickr

And a couple of additional photos of our cars.

mk1 - 2 by Jos8282, on Flickr

mk2 - 2 by Jos8282, on Flickr

mk2 - 7 by Jos8282, on Flickr

Back to the top
Welcome to the club !!

Some nice looking cars you have there.

I few of the members have mk2's as well, so you should be fine :-)

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Welcome, a white GTi like mine but a year younger, where are you in Somerset?
I'm not far from Yeovil.

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Currently live just outside Bridgwater, and I work in Taunton. Always nice to see other white Cabriolet's about.

A friend of ours in the village has a mate who drives a very similar one to ours but with black roof not blue.

Haven't driven it since October, but driving it last night and this morning has brought a massive grin to my face, and I've been looking for parts all day. LOL - Don't tell my boss. :lol::lol::lol::lol: 

Back to the top
Nice pair of Golfs ;)

Welcome aboard  :thumbs:

Andy

LINCOLNSHIRE REGION - https://www.facebook.com/groups/467122313360002/

1983 MK1 Golf GTI Campaign Model - Under (looooong) resto!
1962 Rover P4 80
2002 BMW 745i
2008 BMW Z4 2.5Si

Back to the top

Jos-mk1 said

Currently live just outside Bridgwater, and I work in Taunton. Always nice to see other white Cabriolet's about.

A friend of ours in the village has a mate who drives a very similar one to ours but with black roof not blue.

Haven't driven it since October, but driving it last night and this morning has brought a massive grin to my face, and I've been looking for parts all day. LOL - Don't tell my boss. :lol::lol::lol::lol:
I commute mine everyday to Burnham-on-sea along the A39 street to Bridgwater road, I've seen another white one with a black roof in Burnham during the summer but not any others.

Is that a 20v turbo in the Mk2? I do like a mk2 and have owned a couple of Gti in the past along side the Mk1 golf but funds, my Wedding etc I have to let the Mk2 Golfs go. I keep my eye out for another one but they are getting expensive now.

Last edit: by mark1gls

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting

Back to the top

mark1gls said

Jos-mk1 said

Is that a 20v turbo in the Mk2? I do like a mk2 and have owned a couple of Gti in the past along side the Mk1 golf but funds, my Wedding etc I have to let the Mk2 Golfs go. I keep N eye out for another one but they are getting expensive now.

It sure is, 270bhp BAM engine, the golf started off life as a 1.6 driver, it's been in the family over 12 years I think. My brother had it first, and engine swapped to a 2.0ltr driver then I stripped it down to a bare shell and rebuilt it from the bottom up.

mk2 - 4 by Jos8282, on Flickr

Back to the top
Very nice.  :thumbs:

Back to the top

Newbie from Somerset

Like the detail in the mk2 bay and who doesn't love a convertible. Welcome aboard sir ! Only been on here a few days myself but they seem like a decent bunch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1992 1.8 8 valve Convertible GTI
  2008 E93 335i N54 Twin Turbo
  3 Kids
  Suzuki LT50 Quad
  ( and the Mrs ) Tiny convertible tin top.jpg

Back to the top
That's a nice pair you have there!

I do like a good mk poo  :P

Given the quality of the mk2 I can't wait to see the plans for the mk1  :thumbs:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Thanks for the welcomes,

I would love to spend the time and money on the Cab as I did on the Mk2. Put it this way the Mk2 took the best part of 5 years to complete and I would hate to think how many pennies i threw at it. I am moving into a new house next Friday so that will need to take precedence.

On the plus side, I have already started spending and it's only day 2 of driving it again, I bought a cheeky white Tonneau for the roof, getting summer ready. :thumbs: So who knows where this will go. I might just start a bit of a project thread to get the ball rolling. :lol::lol: 

Back to the top
Hi ya I'm a newbie from Somerset also,ya cars are looking great😀

Back to the top
Nice motors 😋👍🏻

Back to the top
hey Jos, long time no see, probably not seen you since i last attended a vagowners meet (are those still going). i moved away from zoyland and am now in Norton Fitzwarren. will have to have a catch up.

the wedding photos look like they were at crowcombe court?

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.