Skip navigation

Hello!

Back to the top
Hi all, I recently purchased my first MK1 Golf for me and my family to enjoy. The purchase was made due a Mk4 Golf that had rotted away around the engine (AGU) and one thats been in the family for more than 10 years so after buying it off our nephew for next to nothing we thought we need to buy a car to put the engine in :) and what better than a MK1!

I was going to go for the full resto but being realistic with myself just haven't got the time so an engine transplant is well within scope with something thats pretty much ready to drive. Found a nice condition 1.5 GL in Leicestershire from a well sound Dub nut who'd put lots of hard work into restoring her. We all loved it so the purchase was made.

Looking forward to putting in the new lump and would love to go out on some meets/events with the club. Thanks for having me…Ad.

IMG_0511.JPG

Back to the top
Hi Welcome to the forum, judging by your user name you can't be too far from me.

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Yep, just up the road in Belper. Thanks for the welcome :thumbs:

Back to the top
Welcome along mate.

Can't beat a Derbyshire lad! Born and raised in Derby meself  :P

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
HA-ha a fellow Derbadian! Thanks for the welcome :thumbs:

Back to the top
Welcome - This is a really nice car, I saw it for sale near me and I was very tempted
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.