Skip navigation

First time Golf owner. Old VW lover ;)

Back to the top

New here

Hello Peoples,

I have just bought a 1987 VW Golf Gti 1.8 Mk1 Cabriolet. and its a stunner.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1ZGWuH-c90HiATjmYGLanldozpwHuDkuN_Q/view?usp=sharing

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1v4ME-JcSulUh_wI1f8tdgvDSDLDh3nsQPg/view?usp=sharing

i cant work out pic's at the min.

as you can see i have a little challenge on my hands and will see how far i can take it.

I had a VW LT31 2.4 non turbo a while back and had a play around with that and glad to get back on a project.

I am thinking long term to get a good way into it by the start of next summer.

my first plan is to get it to a standard i am happy, to have a drive around and decide what direction i want to go. i will also start a build thread if you want to see the progress. And also help me from blundering into the badlands on my journey ha ha:lol:I will prob ask for a bit of advice along the way when i break stuff lol there are some really cool FAQ's and guides on here it is awesome

I will stop talking now, looking forward to chatting fun vdub stuff with you all :-D :thumbs:Gotta sort my signature out

1984 VW LT31 Camper Taffy
1987 vw golf mk1 (Unknown name yet)

The Heights of your technology.
are the pits of my doom

1984 VW LT31 Camper Taffy ( unfortunately Sold)
1987 vw golf mk1 (Unknown name yet possibly bunny or Virginias Wetspot) not decided yet. Sold
1989 VW mk1 caddy 1989 aaz

are the pits of my doom

Back to the top
Here are your pictures, that's nearly show standard, a weekends work and it will be ready!

image.jpeg image.jpeg

Golf GTI Campaign 1983 Mars Red, Ford S-Max 2015, Audi TT 180 quattro 2003, Fiat 500C 2013, Golf GTE MK7.5

image.jpeg

Back to the top
Wow it looks even better in the pictures. Thanks Richard Hall

Yeh i will be on it this weekend so should be able to post the final ting on monday. unless i start another project :Pi just want it to stop in less than a mile and sort out the water feature in the foot well, it's not to my taste.

i kinda wanna keep the …. er graffic it's kinda cool :cool:

1984 VW LT31 Camper Taffy ( unfortunately Sold)
1987 vw golf mk1 (Unknown name yet possibly bunny or Virginias Wetspot) not decided yet. Sold
1989 VW mk1 caddy 1989 aaz

are the pits of my doom
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.