Skip navigation

Hello?

Back to the top

Wearisome question...

Hello Forum, Matthew here. [Wandsworth]  I fear this is oft' asked, but is it possible to find some recommendations for a competent garage.  It really means a lot to leave my old friend in good hands. 

Last edit: by MGP

Back to the top
Welcome MGP..

Lots about but all depends on where in the country you are or how far you are willing to travel?

What needs doing a full strip down, bare metal respray, recommission the engine, gearbox, running gear, brakes, electrics, interior trim etc…

Or it just won't start and needs tuning/fixing?

A little more info will help with any answers….  :thumbs:

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Hullo  :ocf_emoticons__cheer:

Yep an area would defiantly be helpful  :lol:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
Dear Mark/Ian
Forgive the metrocentric 'Wandsworth'   I should have said 'Wandsworth,  South West London'.    : )    

I did type out a long reply and copied it to Boerednow.  But I can't work out if you received them.   It looks like I'm too stupid to say where I live and now just ignoring any reply - which isn't the case at all!  Does the review button  mean post/send, or 'see your text before you post'?  A true newby!

Back to the top
The review button just shows you the post before it's online for us all to see..

We are all friendly here and happy help/offer advice so don't worry about it..

Sorry can't help much with a garage near you but I'm sure others will pop up and offer advice.

What is wrong or needs doing to the car?

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Whatcha, nope didn't receive any message or anything.

Dunna worry though, sometimes the website is far too clever. The guys that built it are soooooo clever that for us that aren't clever it can make it strange sometimes.

I'm still figuring stuff out  :lol:

I missed the bit about Wandsworth, that'll teach me to skim read posts won't it?  :o  :ninja:

I'm sure we must have some Londerers on here somewhere.

Check out the Mk1 Cartel. I know they're all London boys. https://londoncartel.org/

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
G'day Ian,
Thanks for the response, Yup! the website has beaten me.  I spent another half hour last night composing a  second post [and a picture] and sent it to Mark, this time 'not private' and it too has failed to appear. bit fustrating.  I would like to beat the system and use a postage stamp!  I know the problem is not being familiar with a forum, hopefully you'll see this message .  Steep learning curve!  
Thank you for the link, will chase them up.  The London problem is having to do stuff on the pavement. Off street and/or a garage must make a big difference.   

I need to learn the art of the short comment!  :)

Back to the top
Ah! it worked. . . .  This is the Quick reply.  Previous [and even longer] replies went on a larger form. . .   Sigh!

Back to the top
Yeah stick to the quick reply box. I do!

It does have a button to 'add images' as well which makes it nice and easy to add photo's

Keep plugging away, you'll get there. If I can any one can  :lol:

They were even daft enough to make me a mod so it can't be that hard  :o  :ninja:  :lol:

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.