Skip navigation

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 2016 ! - 17TH - 19TH JUNE

Back to the top

I WOULD LOVE RECORD NUMBERS OFF ATTENDANCE - Its a GREAT weekend !

11.06.2016 - UPDATE -

2 updates below, including meeting point Sat morning.

For those who didn't pre book discounted tickets by the 4th June or because of the website promo code issue, I have spoke to Volksfest and ….

£30.00 club camping ticket price still valid for the Mk1 Golf Owners Club on the gate :-)

So on arrival just tell them you are with the Mk1 Golf Owners Club and want a club camping ticket as agreed (with Johno and Adrian) for £30

Also some latest information from the organisers:

This year's show is looking very busy indeed so, to help everyone, be prepared and enter the trade gate - first entrance on the left - and have your tickets at the ready (we don't like holding people on the gate waiting for their mate to arrive or come over with their ticket😎).  We can accept extra passengers on the gate, although the space set aside for you is for the number of vehicles pre-booked - any stragglers you may want to have on your pitch will take potluck as to whether you can fit them on.

CAR WARS:  We are looking for clubs to put forward 5 members to enter our competition on Saturday between 12 and 2.  It will be great fun with 6 car related challenges, with a nice prize for the winning club to boot.  As we are limiting this to 6 clubs, please get back to us asap if you’d like to enter.

Washingpool Farm is a working farm.  As such, we ask that you don't bring glass onsite.  Please dispose of your disposable barbecues properly and not leave them in the hedgerows as they can (and do) prove deadly to animals (especially to dogs who are attracted to the meat juices).
The show opens to the public from 9 til 4 on Saturday and Sunday.  Friday is for campers only who will be arriving from Friday midday.

There will be security on the entrance to the trade field from 9pm and only those with the correct wristbands will be allowed entry after that time.

There can be NO vehicle movement during show opening hours. WE WILL BE ABLE TO GET CARS ON STAND LATEST 10am each day, confirmed with volksfest

If you've booked a private portaloo, please remember to bring a padlock to ensure it remains private.  Due to the constraints in the trade arena, it is not possible to arrange cleaning over the weekend, so it's up to you to look after your loo.

A reminder: there is no electricity in the trade arena.  If you bring a generator, it must be diesel.

There are top quality shower blocks on site and are available at a nominal charge.

Don't forget, this year's theme is Saturday Night Fever!

I have done my back in again grr, so may need some assistance setting up Fri night for people that are there or sat morning please :-)

If any one in interested in the CARS WARS thing, please let me know

SAT 18th JUNE - CONVOY TO SHOW MEETING POINT

For those going on Saturday:
There will be a mini convoy down to site from Cribbs Causeway.
(just off the motorway and about 5 minutes from site)

This gives a chance the majority of us turn up at the stand, and park up well in a nice display.

The meeting point will be:
Harvesters
Cribbs Causeway,
Bristol,
BS10 7TL

We will meet there at  9.00am and leave for the show at 9:30am

If you are heading down to us later Sat or on the Sunday, when you enter the show   ask the marshal's to direct you to the Mk1 Golf Owners Club Clubstand , otherwise you will end up in general parking.
PLEASE NOTE THOUGH for 2016, they are trying to discourage movement of cars from around 9am-4pm on the Sat and 9-3/4pm on the Sun, so try and get to site early so we can get you on the stand. YOU MUST BE PARKED UP BEFORE 10am

For those who did not pre purchase tickets, don't worry, please still come along, you can pay on the day and if camping get better rate as per update above

Thanks

Rich

Hi Guys

Well it has come round to that time of the year again, I need to get names down for
BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 2016 - 17th - 19th June

It does not clash with Deva Dubs n Rods this year so be fantastic if we can get some of you guys down that usually miss this because of Deva, as could mean we make RECORD numbers for the MK1 Golf Club Stand this year

They are only inviting a limited amount of clubs to display this year AND THE MK1 GOLF OWNERS CLUB IS ONE OF THEIR FEATURED CLUBS and they will be awarding a trophy for best club stand.

This show in my opinion is a great show, it has got better and better year on year, and outside of the AGM and Malvern is one of my favourites . Also thanks to you guys, the numbers representing the club have got better and better each year and months after last year I have people commenting on how great the 2015 MK1 golf stand looked, so THANK YOU for that.

TICKETS - - - - -

This year they are doing electronic tickets, so it will save me collecting money from people etc.

I do NEED TO KNOW ROUGH NUMBERS THOUGH SO PLEASE POST YOU NAME ON THREAD.

They will then be providing me with a PROMO CODE SO THE MK1 GOLF OC GET CHEAPER TICKETS

PROMO CODE FOR DISCOUNT TICKETS, PLEASE USE - GOLF30

PLEASE TRY AND PRE BOOK BY THE 4th JUNE AS THIS IS VOLKSFEST'S REQUEST TO GET AN IDEA ON NUMBERS WE HAVE THEREFORE SPACE WE ARE ALLOCATED FOR THE CLUB CAMPING. CAN STILL PAY ON DAY THOUGH IF YOU NEED TO.

BUY TICKETS AT LINK BELOW, don't forget to input the discount code :-)

http://www.bristolvolksfest.co.uk/tickets/

POST UP IF YOU ARE HAVING ANY ISSUES WITH THE WEBSITE AS A FEW HAVE TOLD ME ITS NOT TOO SEAMLESS GETTING IT TO ACCEPT CODE AND GET TICKETS BOOKED

UPDATE ON TICKET ISSUE - I HAVE SPOKEN WITH VOLKSFEST TODAY, IT SEEMS ORDERING ON A PC OR TABLET MIGHT BE A PROBLEM WITH THE PROMO CODE. IF YOU ORDER ON YOUR PHONE, ADD THE PROMO CODE, PRESS APPLY, THEN YOU WILL SEE JUST ABOVE THE PROMO CODE SECTION A NEW HIDDEN TICKET OPTION APPEAR "Club Display - Adult Weekend Ticket" £30.00.
The annoying thing is though, you can only order one ticket per transaction, so if you need more than one, you will have to go in and order another etc etc.

Its a pain and I will take this up with them for next year. Also if you want anything other than a "Club Display - Adult Weekend Ticket" you will need to order at normal rates and as a separate transaction to your ticket with the promo code. Sorry guys, first year they have done on line tickets, and think there is going to be some learning curves for them! !

is what the organisers have said

When purchasing tickets select the ‘Weekend Ticket. Adult - Club Camping’. If you need young adult tickets (13-16 years) select the ‘Weekend Ticket. Young Adult (13-16)’.
Once you’ve selected the tickets you need you will then be taken to the next page where you will be asked to create an account.
On the following page you will be asked to choose a club and enter your vehicle details. Please make sure your club members select your club so that we can allocate enough space for you all.

Tickets will start at £30 (booked before 31 January BUT THE MK1 GOLF OC WILL GET PROMO CODE SO YOU GET THE EARLY BIRD PRICES AFTER THE 31st Jan as well) we will also be offering free loos to group of 25+ as last year.

I am not sure if they will do us a discount so we still get early bird for guys that want day tickets but I hope to secure this and will keep thread updated

SO NAMES DOWN PLEASE- PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU ARE COMING: FRI/SAT/SUN , SAT/SUN or just SAT or SUN - The majority come Sat and Sunday camping over Sat night be we also have a fair few just for the Sunday day, and a couple of hard core guys that do the whole weekend :-)

To give you and idea of what to expect from the show and our stand please see these

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 2010

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 2011

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 2012

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 2013

BRISTOL VOLKSFEST 2014

Please share with anyone you think will want to come along, lets beat our numbers of around 30-35 cars on the stand so far, which was our record in 2013 from memory

Cheers Guys

Rich

Last edit: by richyhill

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
Club Stand Numbers / Attendance List - Will Be Updated Here

I will update this as people post below

1 - richyhill - Sat/Sun - Camping (+ will come to site on Fri night after work as per each year to check and set up stand).
2 - pearcestu - Sat/Sun - Camping
3 - Yomp - Sat / Sun - Camping
4 - Dainish - Fri/Sat/Sun - Camping
5 - Arf333 - Sat/Sun - Camping
6 - Laracb - Sun
7 - daz1971 - Sat/Sun - Camping
8 - ijs 1985 - Sun and poss Sat
9 - gasco - Sat
10 - Ghia - Sat/Sun and poss Fri
11 - sportlinecab - Sun
12. Adam Elvin - Sat/Sun (FB not forum)
13. Nick - N11kgh - Sat
14. Walejase - Sat TBC, Sun - (FB Jason Wale)
15. Giulio Genuardi - Sat/Sun TBC (FB)
16. The Doctor - Sat
17. dude10028 - Sun
18. Pewseyvdub2011 (Dan Pyle FB) - Sat
19. baywong8 - Sat
20. Scotty - Sat
21. Sparkstu
22. Niknaks
23. Pasty Balecke Sat and poss Sun TBC
24. Funk Star - Fri/Sat/Sun camping sausage
25. Kandg120 - Fri/Sat/Sun camping
26. graham 16v - Fri/Sat/Sun camping
27. Rattydub - Sun
28. Dean May - Sat
………….
…… no limit for numbers, we will get all the Mk1's on the stand keep em coming ! the more the merrier

Last edit: by richyhill

SOUTHWEST Regional Host. Bristol Meet - 1st Friday of the month - Toby Carvery Bradely Stoke Bristol Bristol Region Facebook Group
1.8T CABBY
TINTOP THREAD (SOLD 2016) SPORTLINE THREAD (SOLD 2015) CLIPPER THREAD (SOLD 2012) Banner

Back to the top
lhasadreams 36thcrazyfist  - I am not sure how to do it, could one of you gents be kind enough to pin this for me in the National section for me please?

Ade - If ok,  give you a shout to pop a newsletter out probably April regarding Volksfest if that's ok?

Cheers, Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
im in gary

you need to update OP with pics from 2015 :)

also we need to see if we can get a big enough clubstand to do BDL and mk1 OC half and half depending on numbers :)

South West Regional Host

Previous;
1991 Clipper, 1978 S1 GLS, 1983 Type25, 1989 Clipper GTI

Current;
Zero, zilch, nought, zero, nothing….

Banner

Back to the top
Hi we will be up on the Sunday, can you please book me a spot thank

Back to the top
Count me in.
Its a great weekend!

Back to the top
Count me in might b down on the Friday again depending on who else is

Back to the top
 :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:  :thumbs:

Banner

Back to the top
sat/sun - camping

Banner

Back to the top
Sunday I'm in…maybe the Saturday but not camping

Back to the top
Hi rich. U r very organised this year 😉 Def coming as usual on sat and sun but also prob Friday and meet u there as norm. Thanks for sorting out as per. Ghia. X

Back to the top
Thanks GHIA , I had not even though about shows and the season till last month so forgot to enter for Ultimate Dubs with the club or show and shine, and then had the realisation I need to get my act in gear lol

Especially with organisers for Volksfest doing tickets on line now, I needed to get some ideas of numbers and get the discount code from them so people can book there tickets

Hoping to smash over 30 cars this year fingers crossed  :thumbs:

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Hi Rich, I have managed to put myself down twice, silly me, once as Lara walker(logged on via face book) and once as Laracb

Back to the top
Hi Laura Laracb

Not a problem, sure there is not two of you  :)

List updated

Thanks

Rich

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Hi can you put me down for Sunday please?!

Compulsive buyer of knackered VWs!!!

Previous rides;

'81 Mk1 1100 C
'83 Mk1 1.8 GTI
'93 Corrado 16v 9A
'81 Mk1 GLI cab
'91 Mk2 16v KR
'89 T3 Whitestar
'87 T3 Caravelle GL
'95 Polo G40 LHD
'93 Mk1 Sportline LHD

Back to the top
List updated.

BUMP

keep them coming :-)

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
You can add me to the Sunday please Rich

Back to the top
List updated

BUMP - keep em coming  :thumbs:

1.8T CABBY

Back to the top
Yes please…new to the group but Bristol based with Mk1 Clipper. Will be there on Saturday…

Plus one more "Scotty" for Saturday. Also has Mk1 Clipper 
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.