Skip navigation

My U.S. 1984 GTI

Back to the top

My U.S. 1984 GTI

This is a literal barn find. It has been sitting in a pole barn for approximately 20 years in a town about 40 miles from my house.
Purchased in January and had to wait until ground was solid enough to go get it.

Best part is this GTI has only clocked 57,2xx original miles since new in the town where purchased. It has been a Michigan car all of it's life. VERY well cared for by previous owners and will get the same if not better care. Also, the interior is flawless and super nice!

BTW, it is a sleeper in appearance….

3 1975 Swallowtail rabbits

1 1977 Rabbit Diesel 58,9xx og miles

1 1979 Rabbit Turbo Diesel

Back to the top
Nice, love the rabbits

Ever growing range of new mk1 golf parts www.classic-vw.co.uk

Back to the top

rabbit

very nice more pics please, seen lots of dead rabbits at sun ray bugs in florida last october and got myself some opening quater lights while i was there...what a fab scrapyard that was :D

Back to the top
What would you like to see pics of? I have a few more, need to get more taken though.... :wink:

Back to the top
Pics of interior!! Has it got the blue and red seats?

Back to the top
No sir, it has the red interior. It is my preferred color for these GTIs. Here are some pics of the interior when I first went to look at the car. I was drooling over the cleanliness….
The GTI has a few period correct items that are staying as equipped in 84. Pretty much leaving the car as purchased.  

And here is a pic of the car when it was still hibernating… and somewhat buried 8)

Back to the top
great find that one. did you find it by chance or did you know about it for some time? also did you get it for a reasonable price?

mk1 gti mars red /deep blue pearl r32

Back to the top
That interior is pimp

Back to the top
Thanks folks! Actually a gentleman who works on my wife's TDI Beetle (I won't do the T belts) told me about the GTI. Got the info from him and made arrangements to go look at it.
That was in September of 2010. Told no one about it, so I could purchase it when cash was scraped up. Fast forward to January 2012, got it purchased and as mentioned before, waited for ground to get hard enough to get a trailer up to the barn. 3 weeks ownership so far. Been tinkering on it and detailing it.

Nice clean interior with period correct accessories….. 8)

Needed a fuel pump and fresh gas. Also new tires as the ones on it were square……

I think it was reasonable compared to some of the GTI's out there for sale and not as clean and straight.

Back to the top
Well done bud, enjoy

mk1 gti mars red /deep blue pearl r32

Back to the top
always love a barn find story me

why not let people know about the story behind the car?
http://www.barnfinds.com/

Thanks for sharing

Back to the top
that is fantastic mate, love the interior

chris

Chris

Banner

Back to the top
Great find , nice car :-)

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost

Back to the top
Great find , nice car :-)

Mk1 2l TSR G60.  .getting. There twice as fast

Mk1 lhd diesel…….getting. There for half the cost
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.