Skip navigation

BPC 518Y??

Back to the top

BPC 518Y??

what sparked that off might i add...pulled into my place of work in west london couple of days back, there was a lovely clipper - all banged up and abandoned...obviously not so lovely as it once was.interior ripped to bits, bumpers hanging off and no roof! a sorry state it was! who would do such a thing?!?!

Back to the top
Is this meant to be a pm to someone?

It's also a double post  :scratch:   :dontknow:

Back to the top

Re: BPC 518Y??

bpd said

what sparked that off might i add…pulled into my place of work in west london couple of days back, there was a lovely clipper - all banged up and abandoned…obviously not so lovely as it once was.interior ripped to bits, bumpers hanging off and no roof! a sorry state it was! who would do such a thing?!?!

whatalotofun :mrgreen:

Back to the top
its not a double post, i posted the first one and thought it a little random, so felt the need to justify!

Back to the top
Can't be a clipper - Y reg = 1982/3. Clippers only started in 87 or whatever. There seems to be loads of cabbys being broken at the moment. Their values have crashed somewhat, not helped by the price of scrap steel at an all time low too.

Back to the top
that's my car thats an 83, which is a tintop.  This clipper wasn't being broken either.  It had been broken by some joy riders by the looks of things! All smashed up unnecessarily…shame

Back to the top

bens_cab said

bpd said

what sparked that off might i add…pulled into my place of work in west london couple of days back, there was a lovely clipper - all banged up and abandoned…obviously not so lovely as it once was.interior ripped to bits, bumpers hanging off and no roof! a sorry state it was! who would do such a thing?!?!

whatalotofun :mrgreen:

cheers mate!

p.s. "fla400y"  just incase anyone does run into it.
  (and mine did have a clipper kit on it too)

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

sorry but it's not a clipper kit  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

clipper was a model, which was done with both small plastic bumpers and later on, large plastic bumpers.

these bumpers/bodykits were also found on late GTIs etc, but they're not referred to as GTI kits  :banghead:

1983 Polo CL - daily

1984 Golf G60 Syncro - sold

1989 Rallye Golf - sold

1992 Corrado G60 - crushed

1989 Polo C - chopped and crushed

1991 309 Style - crushed

Back to the top

mk1john said

whatalotafun said

sorry but it's not a clipper kit  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:  :banghead:

clipper was a model, which was done with both small plastic bumpers and later on, large plastic bumpers.

these bumpers/bodykits were also found on late GTIs etc, but they're not referred to as GTI kits  :banghead:

Since they're almost universally referred to as clipper kits, I don't really think there's any harm in it. It's not like you'd say "clipper kit" to somebody, only to be met with a blank stare in return.

Back to the top

mk1john said

these bumpers/bodykits

your words.

i only used the word "clipper" so that people knew what i was referring to.

i never meant it to mean that it was in some way special/aftermarket.

so whats the problem? :banghead:

Back to the top

tyeness said

It's not like you'd say "clipper kit" to somebody, only to be met with a blank stare in return.

you would if you were speaking to my wife :mrgreen:

Back to the top

whatalotafun said

you would if you were speaking to my wife :mrgreen:

Fair point :D

Back to the top
BPC518Y has now settled in a static 'travellers' site in Blackburn!!!

It looks in pretty good codition, twin headlamp grille but has towing straps on the bonnet suggesting that something isn't quite right.

I saw it yesterday and came in to work today to have my mate on the next desk say 'you seen that mk1 on the G*po site?' qiuck as a flash I said yes - never one not to know about a Mk1 in my town!!  :lol:

Who sold it then?

Back to the top
I know this is an ancient old thread but I don't suppose anyone knows the where about a of this car? 
bpc518y??

Back to the top
2CC70A0B-90AC-410A-BEE5-C794A18983DD.jpeg I know this is an ancient old thread but I don't suppose anyone knows the where about a of this car? 
bpc518y??

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.