Skip navigation

mk1 body and cabrio

Back to the top

help

ALAN 006.jpg Hi all
I have a mk1 1300cc with a reiger bodykit on it. I did this when i was 18 and never used it and now i have moved to Spain. The mk1 is not in that good condition and holds not much value as is. I took it to Spain for some strange reason and is finding it very hard to get through mot here. Anyway i want to cut the kit off and put on a cabrio. So are the body work much the same like doors front wings etc Obviously the side back panels are a little different but are the same size part from the top bit? ALAN 009.jpg
Yes i know many will think the is foul with the Reiger kit but still please help

Last edit: by supeone1973

Back to the top
Would love to see it cleaned and washed - pretty rare these days!
Yea cabby kit will fit on, you will need to add the sill fixings.

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Whats a cabby a cabstar? i want it on a cabrio or is that the term now. How much do you think its worth in uk as is? i know thats a difficult one but just a rough figure .

Back to the top
Don't know on value.
Cabby is just short for cabriolet 

Cheers,
Ade

Banner

Back to the top
Hi just about to buy a cabby. You say the kit will fit but I was just reading another thread and aren't the doors different. Isn't it the five door mk1 that fit the cabby and not the 3 door??????

Back to the top
I might be alone here but I don't hate that body kit that's on it mate.   The rear spoiler is a bit in ya face but it's of its time.   What are you plans for it?  You say it's not in great condition what's wrong with it?  Hopefully Spain climate has been kind to it  

Not much help on your question on the cabrio, kit, sorry.

Back to the top

MetalsBack said

I might be alone here but I don't hate that body kit that's on it mate.   The rear spoiler is a bit in ya face but it's of its time.   What are you plans for it?  You say it's not in great condition what's wrong with it?  Hopefully Spain climate has been kind to it  

Not much help on your question on the cabrio, kit, sorry.

You're not alone! Lose the spoiler, but keep the rest of the kit on it!!!

Back to the top
IMG_20200619_170134.jpg Well its been in a garage 12 years not moving and I guess another 10 years in UK not moving from garage. With a drive down between to the canary islands via Barcelona on ship. It's only a 1300cc and the engine bay looks like a blind man welded it up. I can not get the paperwork done here as has no emissions on dvla  papers. So I am putting it on a Spanish car which I just bought.   Labour cheap here especially when using a back street garage. Cars from insurance work they would normally scrap are all still running and look like new. All the 70 and 80 cars
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.