Skip navigation

Wrong fuel injector?

Back to the top
 Hi!

Bought myself some new fuel injectors because im suspecting they are leaking. I bought these while i was passing through Germany and now i think i got the wrong ones!
My car is a Golf I cabriolet GLi,  with the big 1.8 engine.
The article number on the new injectors is: 0437502043
the new ones have this weird connection on top, like this one.
0437502043.jpg
Have i bougth the wrong ones? Would be nice knowing before i tear i down the old ones.

Back to the top
There 2 types 1 without cap and I think 10mm thread early cars then the 1 you have is for later car. Did you get set of 4? Maybe I could take off you.  If you think suffering leaks then take the green o ring off and fit on your original. Normally its lack of fuel rather than leak.
 https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F191630779767
Remove your original 1 and try fit hose   on new  ..also clean and check.part number.. try mark Carter  or crazyquiff richard also.

On the drive
T25 Diesel…sameoldblueshiŁ (currently under resto)
Rocco gt2….1990 secret 2…(currently under resto)
Mk4 99 1.8t indigo blue Gti with 43k miles
Caster 93 clipper JH Green cabby
Snowy 91 GTi White cabby( sat waiting for inspiration)
Myvalver 89 GTi Grey mk2 16v
Yuppy Flu 91 GTi Flash Red Sportline

Golf mk1 owner's club on Spotify

Mk1 golf owners club playlist: Golf mk1 owner's club playlist - YouTube

Back to the top
The injectors in the picture are air shroud injectors, if you have an rubber breather hose between cylinders 3 and 4 you need air shroud injectors, if no air hose you need the injectors without the top hat.

There is also 2 thread types, fine thread and course thread, pictured is fine thread and ones in Kenneth link are course thread…

I guess you need the ones in Kenneth's link but best to pull your out and have a look or get the part number off them.

If the thread is the same as what's on your car you can use the later style injectors if you pull the top hat off..

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top

mark1gls said

The injectors in the picture are air shroud injectors, if you have an rubber breather hose between cylinders 3 and 4 you need air shroud injectors, if no air hose you need the injectors without the top hat.

There is also 2 thread types, fine thread and course thread, pictured is fine thread and ones in Kenneth link are course thread…

I guess you need the ones in Kenneth's link but best to pull your out and have a look or get the part number off them.

If the thread is the same as what's on your car you can use the later style injectors if you pull the top hat off..

Hi mark dont you mean two thread sizes 10 and 12 not just pitch.. I've got a set on early dx that later hoses dont fit at all too big… I didn't realise theres also a pitch change too. I was gonna take good hoses front 1 car to running car  when I noticed difference…. so waiting now for new hel hoses coming.

any how if tobbolito can get original out should be able to sort.

On the drive

Back to the top
yeah you get m12 coarse thread, m10 fine, plus top hat and non-tophat versions so theres at least 4 different types not including 16v and other random country spec.

main thing is if the lines you have fit, if they do then you can simply pull off the top hat if you dont require air shrouded type

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
20190517_164708.jpg WTH I even checked and ordered a correct spare injector m10, but then got m12 hoses. Hahaha  
I've already done m12 hose change on clipper, and the leech, but donor engine and sport line are m10.
Just goes to show need to pull and check one by one.
049133551a m12
049133551f m10
Both with caps
On another note to fit big seal find plank of wood and 14mm deep socket.push down on socket will ease on oring.
See link for o ring kit B&B components.  
Any how I did remove injector and hoses from late JH engine clipper, and fitted to sportline, so have a mix of black hoses to 5th injector and WUR ,and m12 injectors  and red hoses. Now on back order m10 hoses in red to replace on clipper with m10  injectors.

So next week will have black 4 x m12 hoses and 3 hoses for 5th and WUR in red. Probably for sale.

20190517_181849.jpg

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.ebay.co.uk%2Fulk%2Fitm%2F221233249484
20190518_111123.jpg

Last edit: by Kenneth Cartwright

On the drive

Back to the top
Wow! So much information, thanks you guys!
With that i can definetly figure this out.

Thanks heaps again!!

Back to the top
haha fun times :lol:

Hello my name is John and I'm a dub addict.

My wiring diagrams and other documents have moved here:

VAG Documents & Downloads

You'll need to sign into google/gmail for the link to work! (its free!)

Back to the top
20190521_193613.jpg 20190521_175038.jpg

Well that's 2 cars back together and running.. seems no difference in performance , starts easier maybe.. swapped the injectors from clipper to sportline but both running fine..
Far easier to seat the injectors with rocker off but can be done with wd40 and lever bar. Run and checked for petrol leaks.

On the drive

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.