Skip navigation

Colour code and interior code

Back to the top

Confused

Please could someone point me to a list of interior and exterior 1989 GTI Cab order codes.

Thank you

Back to the top
If you are talking about the interior and exteriors "M" codes, may I suggest www.cabby-info.com.
Data

Gallery

That should get you started.

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Post up a picture and we should be able to tell you what it is…

Some more info here…

https://vwgolfmk1.org.uk/index.php?page=galleries&type=misc&id=cabriolets

1988 Mk1 Golf GTi Cabriolet 1.8cc DX, K-jet. Daily drive. 317,000 miles and counting
1978 Mk1 Scirocco GLS 1.6cc FR, Webber carb. Weekend toy.

Back to the top
Hi. The car has some rare features which is throwing me and the boot tag is not giving up the secrets. Sadly there is no service book for a second order sticker. Two things that are throwing me - the rear head restraints and the heated seats. It's an 89 - 3 years before Rivage. I'm pretty sure it's Helios blue but the extras code below (which I've never seen in this font) clue's another colour. Sorry for the poor quality of the rear sticker.

20181104_160152.jpg

and these are the rear seats (it all looks genuine factory order)

20181101_102922.jpg

and the heated seat controls

20181101_173749.jpg

Back to the top
Never seen rear seat headrests and they appear off center to the seat back…. Easy enough to do and the Seat bottoms look too wide for the seat backs.

Here are my recovered seats not really bolted in.

new bolted in.

and it is a 93 USA version

Here are the Original ones.

It wasn't uncommon for folks to swap interiors from a Corrado or Scirroco and install them in a cabby which could explain the heated seats and not a Mcode for them on the Build sticker. This could be why they look a wee bit off center as I know that the seat back on those had to be modified a wee bit to fit.

Last edit: by Briano1234

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Thank you. There are more sweets in the jar that confuse me. It has an electric hood and windows and leather steering wheel and the headlining is black. Pictures of the fronts below. Car currently being stripped ahead of full restoration. Does anyone know what the interior code HK stands for? If that's for a cloth interior then yes this is all after market. However, it all fits like a glove and looks specific to the car (including the matching door cards). Even the wiring looms for the heated seats carry the wires. I found this picture when someone was advertising a new hood service and you can see the same rear head rests. Any thoughts? Thank you

golf_1_softtopvrij_1.jpg

s-l1600 (4).jpg

Back to the top
Thank you mark1gls for this link to the old brochures - however I still can't find HK as an interior code. All very confusing. The code for the optional extras looks hand written and is almost LC5N - which I think is another colour code. Does anyone know if VW did any special orders down the production line? 

Back to the top

LC5N is classic blue pearl metallic.
Used on the later Rivage models.
Also on the late Corrado as they shared the same material interior.
Leather for the Rivage was optional extra. However they were standard on the Green Rivage edition.

Also remember that VW were installing heated seats for the North American Market.
Only the Rivage model was fitted with heated seats from factory here in the UK Cabriolet wise.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

"Making Cabbies More Beautiful One Roof at a Time" 

Back to the top

Insofar as the Rivage not sure why you say yours is 3 years before the Rivage?
Rivage’s and sportline came in production around late 89 & last registered I believe is L, M plate.
Power windows power tops etc I’ve seen on G plate cars it depends on when it was built and not registered.
You have to remember that VW we’re getting ready to finish production of the MK1 Cabby in favour of the MK3.
So it’s not uncommon to see these on that year car.
Back in the day there was a lot of UK army guys over in Germany and they could spec their cars to taste some bringing them back to the UK on return.

Also leather seat wise some folks have dyed the original beige seats to black out of a Rivage.

There’s a thread on here how to add rear head rests too.
The problem with old cars you never really know what the previous owner has done,

Back to the top

LA5Y is Helios blue.

Back to the top

Deffo not cabby rear seats either.

Back to the top
Thank you for your replies - really appreciated. It's an April 89 F reg - so I would say before Rivage. The rear seats look like they were made by VAG. I have owned several MK1 and Mk2 golfs and know my way around them and what to expect to see. Also, for my sins, in 1990 I ordered brand new (back in the day!) a big bumper 16v GTI with leather and I ordered black leather and I had rear head restraints as an optional extra. The year previous to that I had a 16v small bumper, again new, and again with the rear head rests. I will try and dig out an old pic and scan it in (before digital ones). Those headrests looked identical to these. Also, the rear bench (top half with the headrests)here fit like a glove and the leather is black on the underside and it looks production line made rather than re-fitted. The whole car (as we strip it ahead of restoration) looks production line made and untouched. But it is a 1989 and the order tag does not have the option codes I would expect to see and the colour codes + the HK interior code is throwing me. Does any one know if VAG keep a record? 

Back to the top
Picture of my old 1990 MK2 16v with black leather and factory fitted rear headrests. You can see them if you look closely). Before you all ask - France - french made plates (parents had a house there).

Olg golf with rear head.jpg

Back to the top
I just found this on Cabby Info http://museum.cabby-info.com/classicline.htm

The shape of of the seats is correct (in cloth) and maybe someone had them re-covered in leather and added the rear head restraints. But it is still an 89 with a power roof? Confused!!

Back to the top
Back from the dead. Happened upon this topic via a search for something different, but felt compelled to put this to bed, so-to-speak.

intercarte said

20181104_160152.jpg

This car began life as a 1989 Helios Blue Metallic Quartett GTI.

An example of what it originally looked like, complete with HK interior:

90HeliosQuartett-UK1.jpg

90HeliosQuartett-UK5.jpg

90HeliosQuartett-UK6.jpg

:)

1986 Mk1 Cabriolet

Back to the top
Yes, HK code is light grey Quartett cloth interior - see picture. Good thing is that this is one of the few cabriolet interior fabrics that are available (Werk34 stocks fabric and pre-made covers).

Screenshot_20231009_185807_Chrome.jpg

Last edit: by lancia7550

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.