Skip navigation

Mk1 20vt conversion

Back to the top

Fuel pump help

I am in the middle of my conversion it was originally a 1.5 golf god. I have a swirl pot with pump fitted in the spare wheel well but now need a fuel pump

Back to the top
I need a fuel lifter pump for the tank. Can anyone recommend a direct fitting pump.

Back to the top
For pumping the fuel out of the tank and upto the engine bay for the secondary high pressure pump, anything will do tbh.

Sounds like someones done something before you anyway. There shouldn't be a pump and swirl pot in the spare wheel well. If it's working ok then use that.

There's a space next to the tank on the drivers side that can be used for mounting fuel pumps. It's where the GTI's had a fuel pump or filter mounted.

For a direct fit lift pump in the tank you'll need a GTI tank fitted as I believe they are slightly different in depth to a non GTI tank, you can then use the lift pump from a cabby GTI i think.

Ian

Cornish Host.
1980 VW Derby
Clive the Cabby
Ujum the Invisible
Mynx the  Tintop

Back to the top
When I bought it there was a pump just laying loose in the spare wheel well. So I replaced with a swirl pot and integral pump. No I need to get the fuel from the tank to the swirl pot. Is there a direct fit lifter pump for the 1.5 tank , I don't really want to change the fuel tank to a gti one if I dont have to

Back to the top
I think a polo gt or g40 lift pump would fit, I was gonna fit one to my carb tank, but my outlet isn't at the top of the tank being a very early car… so I couldn't go this route. 

So I do have a spare lift pump from a g40 if you need one… find out for sure first tho. 

Back to the top
My outlet is on the top and I have done a lot of searching and a g40 pump is a regular suggestion. How much do you want and where are you
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.