Skip navigation

Cold start valve

Back to the top

Helllppp

Good morning Guys

can anyone offer any advice on where I might be able to buy a cold start valve for my mk 1?…

thanks in advance 😀😀👍

Back to the top
firstly are you talking about the 5th Injector?? if so, you can get these on ebay, you can source these brand new - possibly from the States for silly money or someone on the forum or FB will have a spare flying about… compare part numbers & renew gasket when fitting, easy enough to test, make sure engine's cold, point 5th injector into a clear jar, i think you have to take coil lead off, get someone to crank the engine then the injector should spray evenly for around 8 seconds, if so it's good. I think the bolts are then torqued up to 10nm's. Good luck. 

Back to the top

Deandubya said

firstly are you talking about the 5th Injector?? if so, you can get these on ebay, you can source these brand new - possibly from the States for silly money or someone on the forum or FB will have a spare flying about… compare part numbers & renew gasket when fitting, easy enough to test, make sure engine's cold, point 5th injector into a clear jar, i think you have to take coil lead off, get someone to crank the engine then the injector should spray evenly for around 8 seconds, if so it's good. I think the bolts are then torqued up to 10nm's. Good luck. 

Thanks for the response … yes i believe it's also called the 5th injector… I've had a scan over ebay and can see them at silly money….I thought they might still be available in the uk new….thank you for you advice I'll check it's operation before going any further 👍

Back to the top

Cold start valve

I have a spare one from a spare engine I have laying around I have tried it in my engine and seems to work if your interested

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back to the top

wilko13 said

I have a spare one from a spare engine I have laying around I have tried it in my engine and seems to work if your interested

Hi lad,
Yes I would be how much are you looking for it?
😀

Back to the top

Cold start valve

£10 if sent 1st class, if you would rather have it sent recorded delivery I will have to see what the cost is and add a little to help cover postage.

Rather try to help people out rather than make money of them. Seen one on eBay earlier wanting £40

Back to the top

wilko13 said

£10 if sent 1st class, if you would rather have it sent recorded delivery I will have to see what the cost is and add a little to help cover postage.

Rather try to help people out rather than make money of them. Seen one on eBay earlier wanting £40

That sounds ace m8 ….. I'll pm to arrange 👌🏽👌🏽

Back to the top

Cold start valve

Yea PayPal will be fine do u want it normal delivery or recorded for ur peace of mind

Back to the top

wilko13 said

Yea PayPal will be fine do u want it normal delivery or recorded for ur peace of mind

Nah just normal delivery will be cool 😀

Back to the top

Cold start valve

Ok will pm you

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.