Skip navigation

1989 clipper fuse box diagram wanted

Back to the top

fuse box woes

Hi All

i have been offered a G reg clipper 1.8 carb model Ex engine code i believe its been off the road for around 4 years  i went to look at it and noticed the number 19 relay on the floor

it did start and run before it was parked up for the long period - i have a pic of the fuse box and what fuses and relays were in place when i got there and i want to compare them to a running model

when i turn the key i get no dash lights ( is there an in tank pump i should here priming  when i flick the key )  i do get a spark at the plugs but i don't see any fuel flow in either of the 2 clear filters it looks like there is a lift pump on the front of the block

i have no idea what the wire going to the number 11 space in the fuse box is for and neither does the owner

i know the car needs a new roof , new interior , and carpets and a better dash , so ideally i want to here it run before i pay the price being asked for the car
IMG_20200222_115909.jpg

any help would be appreciated 

Last edit: by nme224

its not a problem just a challenge ?

Back to the top
Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 7.18.14 AM.png
Screen Shot 2020-02-23 at 7.18.53 AM.png

From Cabby-info.com

What do Divorces, Great Coffee, and Car Electrics all have in common?

They all start with GOOD Grounds.

Where are my DIY Links?

Back to the top
Hi, The number 19 relay is the wiper relay and belongs in relay position 10. Fuse 11 is also for the wipers. There should be a 15A fuse in there. The fact the relay was removed and some random wire plugged into fuse 11 suggests that there's a problem with the wipers. The fact you have No dash lights could be anything but if it's cranking and sparking i suspect the ignition switch is working. There is only 1 mechanical fuel pump on the front of the engine that  is driven by the intermediate shaft.
There are too many online users to list.