Skip navigation

1981 MK1 Golf GTi Metal Brake Line Lengths

Back to the top

Does anybody know the number, and lengths of the metal brake pipes on this car?

I have a June? 1981 GTi Golf, (White, Left Hand Drive, 1600 EG Engine) which I've owned since 1991, and was my every day car (Has done 300K miles!) which has been in storage 120 miles from home for the past 15 years, and I'm now looking to get it back on the road.  I drove it too its storage place, a somewhat leaky ex deep litter chicken shed (Didn't want to use the term Barn!) in 2001/2 and drained the engine coolant, and it's sat there ever since, until this summer, when somebody who I would now describe as a friend has rescued it from storage for me.

He is going to work through the car, and get it so that everything works well again, and so that it is well proteced from future corrosion, etc.  I've been sending him many new parts over the past 6 months, and as the Koni agent for the whole of Africa (Long story) he has got me a new set of Konis. I've bought a South African back valence, and that has been fitted, and he is about to start on the mechanical work.

As I wish to make up a set of copper pipes to send him, so that he can fit them to the car during these works, is anybody able to tell me the number of pipes I need to make up, and what length each one should be?  I see that you can buy pre made steel sets, but as I have the facility, I wish to make up a copper/Kunifer set myself.  Any help would be greatfully appreciated.  Thanks.:ninja:
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.