Skip navigation

Gaydon 2006

Back to the top

Gaydon 2006

Folks,

Need you thoughts on Gaydon 2006 as we ought to book in our place before too long. This year we had it on the 2nd bank holiday in August (last weekend) which seemed to work well without clashing with too many other shows.

How does this suit for next year, or do you have alternative suggestions. If you do please post them up and then everyone else can tell us whether or not  they conflict with other known events.

We plan a bit more this year, including a parade and some 'events'. Keep you all posted.

Cheers,

Drew.

Once a Mk1 fan, always a Mk1 Fan...

Back to the top
Please, please, please do not have it on the bank holiday weekend as this stuffs up the whole weekend for going away.  I think we would have had lots more - how about the weekend after or before?

Also how about a Sat & Sunday do with camping?

Cheers

Rich

Crazyquiff's Mk1 Golf Parts Emporium

www.golfmk1.co.uk - you know you want to….

Back to the top
I agree, bank holidays are nasty times to travel on the roads.

Peter.

1980 1600 GTI, daily driver.

Back to the top
I third the "no bank holiday" idea. Any other weekend would be fine as long as it doesn't clash with the other shows around. :wink:

Turbo Technics MK1 Golf GTI's - where are you ?

http://www.VWTurbo.co.uk

Back to the top
I thought the weekend of the bank holiday was ok, but dont forget if you want the local vag dealership to be involved they be at stoneleigh. so its either of the weekends before.
I still liked the last sunday of August as most of the traffic will travel either on the friday or the monday for the bank holiday

Back to the top

Back to the top
I'd be able to come as long as it isn't that bank holiday as it clashes with Run to the Hills in Matlock which I help out at - that's why we couldn't make it last year.

1983 MK1 Tintop

1968 Karmann Ghia

1994 Passat VR6

1996 Passat Diesel

Back to the top

Gaydon 2006

Hi Drew

I'll make it simple………any weekend for me!!
TC

Back to the top
any weekend is good for me  :D

'82 Black 1600 GTI - Getting Better

Back to the top

crazyquiff said

Please, please, please do not have it on the bank holiday weekend as this stuffs up the whole weekend for going away.  I think we would have had lots more - how about the weekend after or before?

Also how about a Sat & Sunday do with camping?

Cheers

Rich

I'll second that!

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
Need you thoughts on Gaydon 2006

Does it have to be at Gaydon  :dontknow: is there a better location in the country ?

Any for me is good  :D Might even make it in my Golf this time.

Back to the top
Camping sounds great :cheer:

Back to the top
I agree with most - ideally not on the back holiday weekend.

Any chance of a more central location, closer to the south??? And how about someone bringing a griddle so we can all have bacon sarnies??? :mrgreen:

MG

Golf GTI Mk1 1.6 82 - Mars Red

Suzuki SJ - Off Road White Moneypit!!

Ford Transit - Red - Needs a Turbo

Mitsibushi Pajero - Blue - Family Run Around

"To Infinity & Beyond!!"

"TO INFINITY AND BEYOND"

Back to the top
I'm not too fussed if it's on a bank holiday or not.

Camping sounds ace! :D

I used to own a mk1 - well I've had 2 actually - YDU 720X & SMU 420Y. Currently I drive an 98 Scotia White Mitsubishi Evolution V RS…. fancy getting another mk1 someday :D

Back to the top
Are you sure we can camp at Gaydon? It would probably be really tough, hammering tent pegs into the tarmac......possible, but really hard......

Back to the top

paul_c said

Are you sure we can camp at Gaydon? It would probably be really tough, hammering tent pegs into the tarmac……possible, but really hard……

LMAO :lol:   Could hire a piledriver for the day!

MK1 GTI Campaign
MK2 GTI 8v
Imitation Magic Tree - 'Black Ice' smell
Plenty of rust
Embarrasing fuel problem
Porous cooling system!

Back to the top

paul_c said

Are you sure we can camp at Gaydon? It would probably be really tough, hammering tent pegs into the tarmac……possible, but really hard……

Who Needs Tents :dontknow:  :dontknow: Sleep under the stars, or in your cars…….

LMAO :D  Bricks work just as well as pegs, as long as its not windy! anyway ive got a inflatable bed so nice and soft where ever :P

86 Christmas Collection Cabby GTi in Saphire Blau!

Back to the top
not bank holiday in August as the job I do, I have to work the notting hill weekend making there's no trouble.  :banghead:

GTI Campaign Helios Blue, Going back Standard
GTI Campaign Schwartz Black shouldn't have sold
GTI Mk7 Performance pack Daily drive
Polo 1.4sel Sunset Orange The Wife's
Triumph Tiger

Back to the top
any weekend is good as long as the sun shines and there are no other shows on. we dont want people being split on shows, maxamise the amount of mk1's there!

Back to the top
Yep, any weekend is good for me. Gaydon is also good for me and I thought it was about as central as you can get, allowing everyine to join in a "mini convoy" somewhere along the way.

Campaign Mk 1 Black

16v Mk2 Red (decsd )
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.