Skip navigation

SOLD - 1979/80 'Zender' Indianapolis (Italvolanti) Formel Steering Wheel + Hub...

Back to the top
 1979/80 'Zender' Indianapolis (Italvolanti) Formel Steering Wheel, catalogue number 9.583.11.2

Genuine 36.5 cm aluminium wheel with fine grain black leather covering and matching center pad / hub.

Leather on the rim is brand new, having been professionally recovered and toned down to perfectly match the original leather of the center pad.

The cut and stitching exactly matches the original, right down to the finger dimples on the rear.

The 'Zender' script is embossed in silver, and despite being 40 years old is still crisp and clear.

The wheel retains both its original horn pushes that have been rewired and work as they should.

The genuine wheel boss, (#729) is also original to the wheel and specific to small spline VW's of the period, including MK1 Golfs.

Early Formels are a scare wheel in their own right, however to find one with not only its 3-bolt, genuine hub in addition to the correct 'Zender' center pad is exceptional.

SOLD  which includes insured / signed for / tracked delivery to a standard UK address.

Catalogue and images from it are for information only, they are not part of the sale.

Located Co. Antrim.

Back to the top
Don't suppose this was still for sale 😂

Back to the top
Not sure about it still being for sale all these years later, but yes, I still have it.

Had (if I'm honest, still have) a fetish for Formels and have gathered up a few more versions of them since 2019.

If you're genuinely interested, might thin out the collection, but will need to make a trip into the loft and could be a day or two.

Back to the top
What a stroke of luck! I'm definitely interested, I'm after a Zender steering wheel as I'm sporting the 3 piece spoiler and phase one turbos.

No rush I appreciate you taking the time. Feel free to drop me an email with pics and info (bit easier than using this forum) davidwalker062@gmail.com

Back to the top
Davebw062 Have emailed you…

Back to the top
Sold...
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.