Mileage: 178000
Price: Offers over £9000
Contact details: 07772840606
Condition: A1
Service history: from rebuild
Mot expiry Date: june
Taxed or sorn: Taxed

Description:
I have decided to sell my much loved Caddy after wanting to buy a Porsche 944.  This decision has taken me a long time to come to as I love this Caddy so much and I really don’t want to let it go, but I cannot have both.
It took me 6 months of searching for a solid, rust free Caddy, including flying to Edinburgh and Newquay only to be disappointed by rusty ones.  This Caddy came along in Nottingham and was a non-runner, but most importantly, body was solid and rust free.
  • Body
As I said above, the body/chassis is solid.Painted in pearl white and red.Has the ‘slider’ rear window. Both front wheel arches rolled. Front chassis legs notched to make room for the driveshafts when the air ride is aired out. Badgeless painted single piece grill. New rear lights. Wheels are Renault Turbines recently refurbished finished in white, the centre caps match and have the wolfburg logo painted and lacquered in, not a sticker. Tyres are all in great condition and have lots of tread.The rear bed could do with a repaint as it has micro blisters and also slightly ‘wavey’, thought i'd just mention it.

• Powertrain
Engine and gearbox are from a Mk3 Golf TD and is the AAZ engine code, 5 speed box.  Engine has good torque and power.  The mileage is unknown unfortunately, and because of this, when I fitted the engine I replaced the water pimp, oil pump, timing belt, thermostat, glow plugs, clutch, engine oil and filter, gearbox oil, new header tank, new coolant, modified the exhaust down pipe.  With this rebuild I stripped all the ancillaries, sand blasted them and painted them, including the gearbox.

• Suspension
Originally I built the truck with coil overs and a flipped rear axle, but 2 years ago I fitted air ride to it.  I used Airlift Performance 3P management which includes the compressor, manifold, tank, controller and wiring harness.  The front has the Airlift Performance Mk1 Golf struts.  The rear is much more special being a bespoke set up using a clever Watts Link, this is much better and more consistent in its movement than a Panhard Rod set up.  I worked together with Jonathan from Intermotiv to make this system work.  It is a ‘bolt on’ item so the truck can be converted back to static easily. All of the parts were painted to show quality before being fitted under the truck.  I mounted the Tank, Compressor and Manifold underneath the truck too so as to keep the look of the bed clean and empty.  This management system also connects to your phone via Bluetooth for system software updates and also to control the air ride from outside the truck.  New front wishbones were fitted. All the suspension bushes are all polyurethane for ease of movement.  A new steering rack was fitted and secured in place by polyurethane mounts.  Front hubs were stripped sand blasted and painted then rebuilt with new wheel bearings. The rear wheel bearings are also new.

• Brakes
Fronts are the 280mm Mk3 Golf GTi ones.  The discs are new as are the pads which are fitted into refurbished calipers. The rear had new brake shoes, cylinders and hand brake cables.
The master cylinder has been replaced with a 22mm one fitted t a 9’ servo, the brake pedal mechanism was refurbished too.  All the brake lines were fabricated out of copper hose to all 4 corners.

• Interior
Front seats are from a scirocco, the dash is a standard mk1 golf with no cracks or peeling. The instrument cluster is from a Mk3 golf TD made to fit the mk1 dash, so has a working rev counter. The cluster reads 178000, this is the mileage from the mk3 golf it came out of, the original instrument cluster read 138000 when I removed it.  The door cards are bespoke and covered in Alcantara.  There is a mk1 centre console and the gear nob is the golf ball style one.  There is no stereo fitted to my caddy as I didn’t want speakers cluttering the door cards.  The Airlift V2 controller is mounted where a head unit would normally go, and is removable.

When i fitted the rear suspension i did a series of video's which you can find on my previous posts on this forum.

I will be genuinely sad to see this go, but my want for a new project is just too tempting.

Looking for offers over £9000. Call or text if you'd like to know more on 07772840606 caddy at show.jpg
caddy cool flo show.jpg

front mounted.jpg

master cylinder.jpg

rear beam finish 1.jpg

watts link.jpg

caddy wheel.jpg

caddy rear show.jpg
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.