Skip navigation

1983 Mk1 Jetta Coupe. 1.8T 20V Turbo 270bhp

Back to the top
For sale is my rather “uncommon” 1983 Mk1 Jetta Coupe.  There are not too many of these things about, and this one is RHD and runs a 20v Turbo engine with around 270bhp.

I have had it nearly 4 years and it has given me hassle free, fun motoring. I have done around 2000 miles in it during that time, and it has spent most of its time tucked up safely in the garage.

Before I got it, the car had been featured, (including front cover) in various magazines.  Whilst I don’t show it, it has picked up numerous awards prior to my ownership.

The car looks, drives and feels great.  The bodywork is sound, and the paint is around 80% original.  With that in mind, the car does have blemishes and battle scars that it has picked up over the years.  I have thought about getting it painted, but it wears them well, and it doesn’t bother me.

I will take part exchanges on pretty much anything that is priced correctly, so I can sell it on.  Let me know what you have, and what you want for it in PX.

I did put the car up for sale late last year, but I changed my mind and put it in the garage over winter.  I have changed my mind again, because whilst I don’t really want to sell the car, I don’t really use it enough to justify keeping it in the garage.

I could bore you for hours with tales on how great, rare, cool, and amazing this car is and how it’s insured for a minimum value of £12k etc, but if you are reading this, I probably don’t need to.  What I will say is that a basic spec of the car is below, and I will do my best to answer any question you may have.

I am looking for £9195 without the Zender Turbo wheels, or £9595 with the Zender Turbo II’s.  Car is in Peterborough, and my number is 07597 894 740.

Engine:
Fully rebuilt 1.8 20V turbo engine (AUM code),
K04 Turbo,
Audi TT 386 injectors,
Audi TT fuel rail,
TT Turbo Manifold,
Forge re-circ valve,
Custom silicone boost hoses,
Mk4 Golf drilled airbox,
QPENG ECU with switchable maps (180bhp/270bhp),
Audi downpipe into custom stainless twin silenced exhaust,
In line Bosch pump, In tank lift pump, and boot mounted swirl pot,
Shallow steel Brazil sump,
All standard 20v engine covers and trim.

Transmission:
02a gearbox on custom mounts,
VR6 Clutch and G60 Flywheel,
100mm driveshafts,
VW cable clutch conversion,
Quaife LSD.

Chasis:
H&R ultra low twin tube coilovers,
Adjustable topmounts,
RHD conversion,
Upper and lower and rear strut braces,
Poly bushes throughout,
G60 280mm front brakes with Girling callipers and drilled discs,
Chasis notch,

Exterior:
1983, 2 Door, Mk1 Jetta Coupe,
Mars Red,
Non-sunroof shell,
Chrome trim bumpers with washer jet nozzles,
Black flag mirrors,
GLS rear number plate trim,
Chrome side trims (Plasti-Dipped at the moment),
Jetta Fuel Injection rear badge,
Chrome bonnet, boot and door latches,
80% Original (1983) paint.

Interior:
Recaro Monza front seats on new Recaro subframes,
Standard Mk1 Jetta rear bench,
Toric front seatbelts and buckles,
Newton Commercial carpet,
Custom door cards front and rear,
GTi front centre console housing boost gauge.

Wheels:
15” Zender Turbo II’s powder coated in anthracite,
Custom made decals,
Custom made Zender badges,
Goodyear Eagle F1 195/45 R15 tyres

Mk1GTi
Rallye Golf
Mk5 GTi
Mk7 GTD
0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.