Skip navigation

1982 GTI project. Now sold.

Back to the top
DSC00275.JPG DSC00276.JPG DSC00277.JPG DSC00278.JPG DSC00279.JPG DSC00280.JPG DSC00281.JPG 1982 tintop GTI for sale as a restoration project.
The car is standard other than a 2l bottom end and runs really well with no issues apart from being able to beat the synchro from 1st to 2nd when cold, once warm it's fine. Vernier cam wheel, Sachs heavy duty shocks on the front, Sachs standard on the rear all good. Discs and handbrake cables were renewed not long before it came off the road. Black with green tinted glass and sunroof.
The shell needs work - rear arches, offside chassis near beam mount, lower section of both 'A' posts, front wings (inners are really good), front panel needs to be replaced, respray, rear bumper.
Will need seats but the rest of the interior is reasonable to good.
Has been standing for a couple of years  but I have started it regularly.
I have both the original keys and key fob, the original front plate, the license holder and VW manual plus a box full of receipts etc. I bought it in 1995 from a lady in Falmouth and I seem to remember that she bought it from her brother in law and it had always been in their family. I do around 6000 mls / year and have changed the oil every six months.
Done properly it would make a nice car, probably not concours (thankfully), but a good daily driver.

A club member had a quick look at it and thought it could be worth about £1700 - £2000 but I am open to offers, the car is at Falmouth in Cornwall.

07384347999 or e-mail wicker673 sky .com

Spec/Trim option:

Year of manufacture:
Mileage:
Price:
Condition:
Service history:
Mot expiry Date:
Taxed or sorn:

Description:

Last edit: by cedar

0 guests and 0 members have just viewed this: None.